934 Posts
Re: Raffel? Do we know who won?

I know I went away skunked again.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

2009 Silver Fresco
Hey, was that yours on the West side of the street, near the front of the group pic line-up on Sunday morning?

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

Cool.
I actually like the looks of that more than the Titanium.

So, it's interesting.....at some point during Summit week, since we had never yet seen any on any of the dealer lots near us, we asked somebody (I thought it was the TRD guy) about the 2009s and I swear they said that Toyota never even made any 2009 FJs.

Oh well. Nice looking rig. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hmmm interesting...they came out with an entire new line of colors this past year...well silver changed and brick is still out there, so is blue and sun fusion. I think the rest are the same.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts

We will be posting it in a couple of days. We picked the 5 tickets on Sunday, but will post the winners when we get some information about the raffle prize from the Baja Outdoors.
Are you telling me the winner wasn't even announced the other night ?

It was so difficult to follow with not being able to hear the announcements and then having music interjected every few minutes. Most people tossed their tickets at the end of the raffle. :flame:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

Hmmm interesting...they came out with an entire new line of colors this past year...well silver changed and brick is still out there, so is blue and sun fusion. I think the rest are the same.
OK, cool.

Are you telling me the winner wasn't even announced the other night ?

It was so difficult to follow with not being able to hear the announcements and then having music interjected every few minutes. Most people tossed their tickets at the end of the raffle. :flame:
:simmadown: I think they're talking about the special raffle at the group pic event on Sunday morning.
At that event, the organizers announced that they still had 5 things to give away, and they handed out one ticket to each FJ.

They later said that they would pull out the winning tickets later and just reveal them online.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts

:simmadown: I think they're talking about the special raffel at the group pic event on Sunday morning.
At that event, the organizers announced that they still had 5 things to give away, and they handed out one ticket to each FJ.

They later said that they would pull out the winning tickets later and just reveal them online.
OK, good. So what did I miss out on ?

Still disappointed though that the raffle went so late the night before. Between saying goodbyes, getting to and from the campground, taking shower in the morning, a 6 am pic was just too much to ask for - and it appeared that most others at the campground felt the same way.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

Still disappointed though that the raffle went so late the night before. Between saying goodbyes, getting to and from the campground, taking shower in the morning, a 6 am pic was just too much to ask for - and it appeared that most others at the campground felt the same way.
Ya, the early thing is definitely an issue, but I think it's the only time they can do it. The town is actually being very generous to us even allowing us to close it down for that long at all.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts

YEA! That's my Number. I got it..
Oh wait, I was wrong..

Burn it.. :flame:

Heck, just don't even pick the numbers, just ship me the Super Charger, or the roof rack, or a lift would be nice... I could really use some new bumpers, or heck any prize it great!

I think all of the vendors went above and beyond with there donations. I'm of course sad that I didn't win anything, but I sure hope the vendors see our support and appreciation of their products and continue to donate in the future!

Over all the event was great, and I can't wait to see everyone again next year!

-C

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts

Next year I'll win it all. Mwuhahaha . . . Mwuhahaha ! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts

you gotta remember that there were people coming in late from trails. I think the start time of the raffle was perfect! Even though I didn't win anything I really enjoyed myself.

·
Registered
168 Posts

I didn't win but did get a few shirts! All in all I had an amazing time and I thank everyone envolved!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts

Butchie, I personally want to thank you for helping out with my kiddos, when the big rock fell on the baby.. I really appreciated that! Oh and Kona is absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
936 Posts

Cool.
I actually like the looks of that more than the Titanium.

So, it's interesting.....at some point during Summit week, since we had never yet seen any on any of the dealer lots near us, we asked somebody (I thought it was the TRD guy) about the 2009s and I swear they said that Toyota never even made any 2009 FJs.

Oh well. Nice looking rig. :bigthumb:
According to the Toyota TRD rep (Frank, a really good guy) said they produced about 3,000 or so units before they shut down the production line in Japan, making '09's as rare as hens teeth, they will soon be building the 2010's and they plan to build only 1500 TT's so if you want one of those you better get your order in, that also means not every dealer will even get one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Sweet so I need to trade in my 09 for 2010 trail team...cool...or I could convince my hubby that we need matching cars!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts