Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the raffle takes long enough, and thats a good thing by the way. Has the thought of individual buckets for each item been considered? Most of us at the Summit have a mod of two, and could live with out certain what nots. This would also allow the rookies the chance to put in for a few items that a lot of us would skip over because we already have it. After each summit I always see a thread for something like things to do better better next year, or what could have been better, what not to do, etc.. I don't think our vendors and other good friends that put this event on would mind a little change. Anyone...

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
interesting idea, but the management of putting tickets in each bucket would probably be too cumbersome.

what would be nice is an exchange board/meeting place for folks who want to sell or trade their winnings.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somebody can figure this out, maybe using ticket colors something I don't know. Of coures the Grand prize would have to have all the tickets combined.

·
Registered
413 Posts
people actually sell the things they already have right there at the summit. if not, they can do it here on the baord after... because remember, if you just go into one bucket, then you're not in for the 100 or so other prizes... and i dont think anyone would want that.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
We are looking at a bit of a change to the raffle, not a big one but it is a change. Once everything is finalized we will post up about it. Registration opens March 2 and we hope to have most of the background stuff like this worked out by then.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope the change is for the better. I'm one of those guys who would want excluded from certain items. I don't need two of some things. This event raises a lot of money. I wouldn't want change to impact that in a negative way. Just saying I enjoy a raffle where my ten raffle tickets are on items I really could use.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
The nature of a raffle is the luck of the draw. Our sponsors go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to donations and without them the Summit would not be the event that it has become.

We appreciate ideas on how to improve the Summit and have incorporated quite a few suggestions from this forum over the years. Unfortunately, the sheer number of prizes given out makes this idea prohibitive. If you win a prize and don't want it then you can simply pass on claiming it or sell it.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
:D

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
LOL!!

it all goes to charity, and thats awesome. anything that lowers peoples interest in buying tickets to give to those charities is wrong.
For each person that wins nothing there seems to be one of those people like Wikid that wins multiple items. :bigthumb: It's all risk and it's all good.

One day I want to bee like Don. :clap:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
For each person that wins nothing there seems to be one of those people like Wikid that wins multiple items. :bigthumb: It's all risk and it's all good.

One day I want to bee like Don. :clap:
I can't remember how many times I heard, "that will be me!!!" from Don, last year!!!!!:rofl::lol::rofl::bigthumb:
Jax':wave:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
I can't remember how many times I heard, "that will be me!!!" from Don, last year!!!!!:rofl::lol::rofl::bigthumb:
I was sitting right next to him in the front row. He was like a little kid at Christmas surrounding himself with his pile of gifts. :D

:wave: hi Don !

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
I won one kind of big item. The tc's uca's other than that it was some little stuff. Which means I bought a set of uca's for 500 bucks. Donate big and sometimes you win :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
I won one kind of big item. The tc's uca's other than that it was some little stuff. Which means I bought a set of uca's for 500 bucks. Donate big and sometimes you win :bigthumb:
Yes indeed. Everyone still has five months to save change for raffle tickets ! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I can tell you that the prize pile has started to pile up.....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I can tell you that the prize pile has started to pile up.....
:clap::rocker::cheers::clap::rocker::cheers::clap::rocker:
:bigthumb:

Opie claimed every prize we won last year!!!!!:mecry::mecry:
It's my time to calim some of the goodies!!!!:rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts