Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SAS FJC
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've been looking at Ragofabrication's ditch light brackets for my FJ and while I'm mainly sold on craftsmanship and customer service, I can't help but decide based on prices. Rago sells for $85 and the eBay one is $37 .. I don't really like the big clunky "FJ" of the eBay one but for the price, I might just be swayed...

Anyone have either and would like to give me some insight?

Sarah

Faulty links removed by Mod.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The cheap ones from Ebay work, but required modification with grinder. DO NOT fit right out of the box. I liked the FJ and the way it hides the wiring, but was mainly going on the cheap since I had just dropped a wad of cash on buying the FJ.
If I was to do it now, I would probably spend the extra cash. The Ragos wil be better quality and don't require full removal of the hood bolts to install. I think. Maybe someone with them can confirm.
If so, that will probably save you some hassle getting the hood alignment back to perfect after install. Especially if you are working alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Also, order the cowl clips before you install. Absolutely no way to remove the cowls and not break the existing clips. Horror stories of trying to reuse clips and having cowls fly off at speed.

·
Registered
2008 SAS FJC
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cheap ones from Ebay work, but required modification with grinder. DO NOT fit right out of the box. I liked the FJ and the way it hides the wiring, but was mainly going on the cheap since I had just dropped a wad of cash on buying the FJ.
If I was to do it now, I would probably spend the extra cash. The Ragos wil be better quality and don't require full removal of the hood bolts to install. I think. Maybe someone with them can confirm.
If so, that will probably save you some hassle getting the hood alignment back to perfect after install. Especially if you are working alone.
I really appreciate the reply! And some say you have to cut the cowls for the Rago brackets as well, but then Rago personally says they dont...a little confusing but thank you for your quick and helpful reply! I may end up buying the rago brackets and uploading my finds!

·
Registered
73 Posts
That would be great. As that is one of my down the line projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I installed these last week
THEY FIT!!!
iJDMTOY LED Front Cowl Light Kit
(Amazon Prime)
for $108.00
comes:
  • w/ clips
  • w/ lights
  • w/ longer bolts
  • w/ "FJ" filler
Lights are decent
~15-20 min. install time
The "trick" to installing is to remove one side of hood piston (relieves pressure/tension) one side in at a time
I had no alignment issues.

D

·
A-Team Moderator
10,347 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SAS FJC
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed these last week
THEY FIT!!!
iJDMTOY LED Front Cowl Light Kit
(Amazon Prime)
for $108.00
comes:
  • w/ clips
  • w/ lights
  • w/ longer bolts
  • w/ "FJ" filler
Lights are decent
~15-20 min. install time
The "trick" to installing is to remove one side of hood piston (relieves pressure/tension) one side in at a time
I had no alignment issues.

D
Thank you! I already have the lights and the harness that came off my other rig but thank you for letting me know these work as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve got the Rago Fabrication ditch light Brackets, they come with all the hardware needed, quality built, and the cowl covers shouldn’t require any cutting, one of the tabs just needs to be bent slightly downward on each cowl cover. Highly recommend Rago Fab brackets. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
No rubbing on mine.
There is actually a small gap b/w cowl surfaces & bracket bottoms (even w/ the "FJ" filler)
he fit b/w cowl/bracket/center cowl is tight, but they do not appear to "flex" in relation to one another (?).
D

·
Registered
2008 SAS FJC
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ve got the Rago Fabrication ditch light Brackets, they come with all the hardware needed, quality built, and the cowl covers shouldn’t require any cutting, one of the tabs just needs to be bent slightly downward on each cowl cover. Highly recommend Rago Fab brackets. Hope this helps
Thank you! This helps a lot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts