Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah yeah. Looks good. Would like to see on a fj. Will they be as strong as ARB??

Mate absolutely, we would prob do them out of 4mm SHS and 4mm RHS... I like the step for the rear as ive got two kids and will help them step into the rear rather than sliding there feet on the trim constantly...

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
1. You cannot conduct sales, take orders, list prices, have people PM you if they want to buy, etc. unless you are a supporting vendor. Making one more set while you are making yours = okay, just handle the transaction via PMs.

2. The ARB rails are not that strong or good. I had them, i got rid of them. They do not stick out far enough to be worth a dam. Not to mention, the tube they use is very thin and can get dented very easily. The style with the kickout at the rear is very beneficial to saving your rear quarter panels from getting scratched.You are better off making some that stick out further and making them out of at least 1/8" DOM tube, though 3/16" DOM would be better and beefier.

Like dis:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey mate,

How do these compare to the Toyota OEM rock rails? Do you think they'd be stronger and offer more body protection?

If so, I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. You cannot conduct sales, take orders, list prices, have people PM you if they want to buy, etc. unless you are a supporting vendor. Making one more set while you are making yours = okay, just handle the transaction via PMs.

2. The ARB rails are not that strong or good. I had them, i got rid of them. They do not stick out far enough to be worth a dam. Not to mention, the tube they use is very thin and can get dented very easily. The style with the kickout at the rear is very beneficial to saving your rear quarter panels from getting scratched.You are better off making some that stick out further and making them out of at least 1/8" DOM tube, though 3/16" DOM would be better and beefier.

Like dis:

Cheers mate, i should know better my bad, god knows ive been around on forums for a while!!...:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Hey mate,

How do these compare to the Toyota OEM rock rails? Do you think they'd be stronger and offer more body protection?

If so, I'm definitely interested.
The Toyota and ARB rock rails both sit very close to the body and don't offer near as much protection as those that sit out further. I thought they stuck out further than they did before i bought them.

The OEM rock rails aren't that great either. Though, for most folks, they would suffice.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/64200-oem-rock-sliders-suck.html

Here are a couple pics of the ARB rails when i had them on my FJ to give you an idea of how much they stick out.

Cheers mate, i should know better my bad, god knows ive been around on forums for a while!!...:thinkerg:
No worries! :cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't order the OEM sliders for the simple fact that they don't protrude far enough to protect the sides. Shopping centre car parks are the real worry (not rocks)

These are nice looking sliders, I'm interested!!

After numerous emails to the US, the cost of shipping more than doubles the cost to get them imported to Oz.

fjdio - When do you think you'll have more details? Cost, how far they protude etc. ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys here is some pics of them on Army_CRUISER'S truck... saw them in his build thread ..

if get some decent interest im happy to make more but it wont be till my truck gets here and that at his stage could be as late as August... but as soon as its here ill get on to it ....would look great powder coated tho!!

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Hi Guys

Just gauging some interest in this type of rail/step http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...36959650597_1438650622_32071870_6844482_n.jpg have spoken to my bil and these wont take much to knock up, if anyone interested, ill put together a price ...

cheers
Hey guys,
Looks like you found a picture of my Rock Rails. These things are amazing. Demello just came out with design at the begining of the year and I had him do some mesh inlays over the step in the back. I have jumped up and down on these things and they don't budge, and they stick out far enough that they should protect the sides pretty well. I will get some more details for you and post it up when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up fjdio.

Here are a few pics of what they look like on the FJ.

well, thats about all the angle possible. :cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey guys,
Looks like you found a picture of my Rock Rails. These things are amazing. Demello just came out with design at the begining of the year and I had him do some mesh inlays over the step in the back. I have jumped up and down on these things and they don't budge, and they stick out far enough that they should protect the sides pretty well. I will get some more details for you and post it up when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up fjdio.
Thanks mate, appreciated...thanks for the picks there a better angel ...

Ps nnnnooooiiiccceeee looking rig mate... well done!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fantastic looking rig mate!

I'm definitely keen on these now.

Thanks for posting the pics and stay safe over there so you can get home and keep on truckin!

Cheers

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I would resurrect this thread and see if anyone knows if anyone in Australia is going to manufacture something like these?

I was thinking that while a one-off shipping for a pair might be a problem, perhaps if there was enough interest we could see if a supporting forum vendor could organise a group buy/ship to someone in Australia and from there we could distribute via road freight.

Don't know if anyone has any import experience but it could be a way to get these "imported" at a reasonable freight cost?

As well as these I really like the All-Pro rails with the step-plate insert.

·
Registered
148 Posts
have some Expedition one steps on the way.

Along with bars for front and rear.

I did fit toyota units, easy for $200ea, and I am modifying them slightly.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is the shipping cost horrendous? I will go it alone if need be but I heard from TJM today and they are designing some for the FJ, haven't seen what they will look like or anything but I guess all the aftermarket will do it at some stage... Did I mention I love the AllPro's?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am very interested in these sliders and have looked at ones from the US, but I think that freight will make them a little too expensive. Thats a real pitty considering the price of the dollar right now. I would definitly be interested in a locally made product or group buy. Still waiting for the FJ, but trying to get a few things together :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts