Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, it's coming down hard and fast. Lightening lit up the sky in my area. I'm heading up the mountains tomorrow. Expect mud!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Pomona. Actually the lightening was more intense a little west of us. I'm guessing over San Gabriel Valley. It came down so hard it sounded like hail. It stopped now though. Big Bear should be fun tomorrow!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I miss big thunder/lightning storms :( Don't see them much here!!!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Though it's brief, I'm glad it had a chance to moisturize the dry vegetations. I'm sure Norcal would've appreciated this even more then we did.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Bah! It didn't rain at my house, either. Well, I am at work today, and it's 95 and MUGGY out. Storm clouds are a-building. I am praying for the storming tonight!! I'll stand out front and get drenched!! LOVE SUMMER RAIN!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Lots of rain between Barstow and Las Vegas today. It was very hot and humid the whole way (on my way to Ouray). After Las Vegas the rain vanished and it got warmer.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Nothing in the valley.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yup it was pouring out in the desert. Playing at Stoddard Wells and saw my first flash flood. I was driving up a wash and it got really wooped out so I pulled out of it, got around the rough section and pulled up to the wash just in time to see the water rush down the wash. One second completely dry the next it was rushing at least 20 miles per hour. Absolutely incredible!

Lots of rain between Barstow and Las Vegas today. It was very hot and humid the whole way (on my way to Ouray). After Las Vegas the rain vanished and it got warmer.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Crazy weather back Home.Light rain for 5-10 min in Maui and plenty of sun after.Having a blast.Beer taste better at the beach.Lol...See u guys in a week.I miss my FJC..

P.S 08 Jeep stinks almost got stuck.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went up to Big Bear today and it rained hard a couple of times too. It seem very localized and transient. Wheeled some trails on the NE side of Big Bear with SSC and had a blast! The rain made the ground dust free and there were some good mud pools to splash through. I'll post some pics up later.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Been Flashflooding, thunderstorms, nickel size hale, high winds all week here in Kern County. Wish we could share this weather with the rest of you.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Went up to Big Bear today and it rained hard a couple of times too. It seem very localized and transient. Wheeled some trails on the NE side of Big Bear with SSC and had a blast! The rain made the ground dust free and there were some good mud pools to splash through. I'll post some pics up later.
Nice, no dust. sigh. I'm gonna miss Colorado.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts