Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys did a search in forum for Raingler nets and only found folks that installed the barrier inside. Has anyone tried the roof rack net they sell?
Raingler FJXN FJ Cruiser Rooftop Loadbearer Net

I was thinking about removing the bottom cross bars from the factory roof rack and installing the raingler net in that location attached to lower rail of roof rack. Basically replacing the factory cross bars with the raingler net in the exact same place. It says it holds 800#s. Then I could use one of the ROLA nets to hold cargo in place
ROLA Flat Strap Cargo Stretch Net - CargoGear Car and Truck Accessories

I wanted to know if anyone has used either of the products and would you recommend. Wanted some feedback before purchasing. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I think that the rating is misleading. I believe the netting can support 800lbs. I do believe that if you put more than 500lbs on the roof you will come close to flipping on the slightest of turns. And, the main rails of the rack are in no way strong enough to support that much weight.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, but I am not looking to carry anywhere near that weight. just stating the weight limit, thinking it must be pretty well constructed if rated that high.

Looking to see if anyone has used either product, to see how well they work or how well they are constructed. I don't like to purchase something online until I have heard from people that have actually used the product. don't want to buy something cheaply built or something that doesn't fit well and have to pay to send it back.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Their interior barrier net looks real nice! I may have to add that to my list.

toby

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the Rola stretch cargo net and I can say it is a PITA to use. It is not rectangular shaped, its octagonal, and the thing just gets tangled up really easily. Because its octagonal (or really circular), it doesn't fit a rectangular load very well.

And since most racks/baskets are rectangular, and will have a rectangular load, I would only give this net a 4 or 5 out of 10. I would suggest you spend a little more and get a decent Thule or Yakima net. They both build quality designed products.

In fact you can see in the picture from the link how it only has one strap holding down the corner of the blue plastic bin...how long would you think that would stay in place over bumps and at highway speeds?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for input decidion!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.