Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to scout out location for AllCal 2011 and ran some trails after. The day is 60s and we're up in the 5500 ft range. Started out on the north side of Big Bear and went to visit Horse Springs Campground to have lunch.

We checked out 3N59A and found a couple of fresh tracks through our barrier. Someone took a chainsaw to it a few months back, but we've yet to find a suitable solution to make it more temper proof! Who'd thought they would mess with 8ft rail road ties!!!

We may have to look for steel solutions. This is getting more and more expensive. :flame:

Took Coxey Trail south into Big Bear. We were surprised that the road to Fawnskin is closed-again! It took forever to get this open and it was finally open, but it's now close again. :( It means we have to make a detour through either Holcomb Valley or westward toward Dishpan. There were a little bit of snow at Pine Flats (big cross corner of Coxey and 3N16.

Snow! O.K. have to stop and have a little fun :).

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We head eastward toward Holcomb Valley and as we travel and gain elevation, snow became more of an issue.

We went up Delamar Mountain Road to see if we can cut across to the north shore of Big Bear.

Hmm...

Wow

O.K...

Seriously? I'm stuck at the end of the tracks! Up to my axle. March in SoCal!

Pinky stopped and turn around. Lilit and my daughter played in the snow as Pinky and I worked the shovel. :jester:

I did not expect to be stuck today-not in the snow anyway. :lol: I'm thankful Pinky brought a shovel. And away we go :).

Got back down, aired up in Fawnskin.

Had dinner at The Hat in Rancho Cucamonga and went to walk around Bass Pro Shop afterwards. I love seeing this in the parking lot :).

Got a lot done today, spent some quality time with my daughter, and fun wheeling in the snow with friend! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Oh yeah. I like my FJs like I like my women... dirty. :lol:

Great pics. Thankyouverymuch for sharing them! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys :). Just glad to be out!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Im waiting to get the pics Lilit took. As soon as I have them Ill post them up.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hurry up Pinky! :lol:

I've sent you your other pics.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you enjoyed the reading :). In SoCal, any time we get snow, it's like Christmas :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Great shots Tony!

-

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts