Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed into a meeting this afternoon when a very Executive type guy stops me as I left the ole CG. He asks me the question almost everyone always does, "How do you like your truck?". Well of course I tell him that I just LOVE it and so then he starts commenting on the Range Rovers.

Don't know about where you all are but down here in New Orleans, the Range Rover is really becoming the ride for the Blue Bloods. Anyway, I proceed to tell this guy that I am really pleased that I did not have to pay what a Range Rover costs and that my truck really is the BOMB!

He asks me if he can get one that looks like MINE? Well, I had to pop the poor guys bubble as I had to tell him that the ole Cherry Garcia is far from stock! He got really quiet and then we got on the elevator. He asked me if I would sell mine! I said NO WAY!! The Cherry Garcia is not for sale.

So, FJ vs. Range Rover..... the FJ WON today! This guy was certainly sporting a fat salary as he looked the part. Well family, there you have it... our FJs are the BOMB!!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
true that

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I bet that guy went to the Toyota stealership right afterwards!:lol:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice feeling, huh..... This guy just thought that he could offer some cash and I would turn it over. Geez.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
A newer Range Rover is the only vehicle I've actually witnessed blow it's motor on a flat stretch of highway, not towing anything, at crusing speed. I was following in my motorhome. And, no, it was'nt a radiator hose. This thing was toast.

Might not be typical, but it was enough to deter me forever

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeah, do your research and the RR does not become that attractive! I'll take my FJ and thats that!! If someone offered me a large cash sum for it? Well, everything has a price, but they would be able to afford the RR for what I would ask!

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, do your research and the RR does not become that attractive! I'll take my FJ and thats that!! If someone offered me a large cash sum for it? Well, everything has a price, but they would be able to afford the RR for what I would ask!
That is EXACTLY what I thought too! I mean EVERYTHING has a price, but hey, I could not have gotten another CG. There aren't anymore.:mecry:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
X2...way to show 'em Kim

My brother has a Land Rover DISCO and has had problems with it, but he likes the leather interior with the heated seats...

I've driven it on and off road...I LOVE MY TOY:clap:
Sweet FJ!!!!!!!! and THANKS!!!!!

BTW, I could not sell CG. Being a BC, he is already rare, but FJal already sold his BC so .........:mecry:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
... FJal needs a shortbus ... j/k

Sweet FJ!!!!!!!! and THANKS!!!!!

BTW, I could not sell CG. Being a BC, he is already rare, but FJal already sold his BC so .........:mecry:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have a pal that has a Land Rover that he thinks (thought) is the bomb. Right up until I took him off road in my FJ. I just laughed and said "yup, and for less than half the price " :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can pay people to paint a new FJ the same color as your old FJ. If the guy was dripping money I'm sure you could find a way to overcome your hesitations.

Hell, for the right price I'd sell a kidney.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can pay people to paint a new FJ the same color as your old FJ. If the guy was dripping money I'm sure you could find a way to overcome your hesitations.

Hell, for the right price I'd sell a kidney.
I gotcha, but to me, there are certain things that I want to remain stock, at least for now. FJal had a BC that he took care of like I take care of CG. That is what I was getting at.

BTW, I would not sell my kidney. I mean what happens if I kill one with too many margaritas?:lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.