Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around ebay and stumbled on these 'chips'. I was amazed at how many people are using them..:thinkerg:
It's just a resistor in a box!!! its basically leans out your AF ratio to pump fuel into your engine. The seller swears that it will not void your warrenty but I can't see what dealer would honor this gimick.
I know most folks here would research stuff like this before they installed it. But pass the word... I can't believe this guy is still allowed to sell them on ebay.
Just a heads up.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I was poking around ebay and stumbled on these 'chips'. I was amazed at how many people are using them..:thinkerg:
It's just a resistor in a box!!! its basically leans out your AF ratio to pump fuel into your engine. The seller swears that it will not void your warrenty but I can't see what dealer would honor this gimick.
I know most folks here would research stuff like this before they installed it. But pass the word... I can't believe this guy is still allowed to sell them on ebay.
Just a heads up.
There are many threads on this and other sites already about this scam of a product. It is NOT legal to use in any street-driven vehicle (you are disabling emission-control equipment to use it), and it most definitely will raise an eyebrow or two at a dealership if you come in for an engine-related problem. Who says alot of people are using them ? Maybe alot of people are fooled into buying them, but I doubt very many actually use them, given the generic instructions and poor explanations provided with the device (I didn't buy it - a customer of mine ordered several and gave them to me to check out and for me to use to display what not to buy...).

My suggestion is to steer clear of this type of "device". THere's a sucker born every minute, and you get what you pay for - two adages that prove true again and again....:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just going on the rating/replies this joker had on ebay... I've seen lots of discussion on other sites but did a search and didn't see anything here...
Just a heads up for the ill informed :D

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
just going on the rating/replies this joker had on ebay... I've seen lots of discussion on other sites but did a search and didn't see anything here...
Just a heads up for the ill informed :D
Several of the companies marketing that stuff actually pay end users to write a positive review of the product, regardless of whether they actually use it or not. One of the units we received came with a paper offering $25. for positive feedback on a product they sell for $9.95 plus shipping... Sorta like a Ponzi scheme on the consumer, IMO...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Several of the companies marketing that stuff actually pay end users to write a positive review of the product, regardless of whether they actually use it or not. One of the units we received came with a paper offering $25. for positive feedback on a product they sell for $9.95 plus shipping... Sorta like a Ponzi scheme on the consumer, IMO...
Brutal!!
On a side note... do you know much about unichips for the FJ?

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
so, did you take it? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
Brutal!!
On a side note... do you know much about unichips for the FJ?
There are several good threads about Unichips. I would run a search on "Unichip" and you'll probably find most everything there is to know about FJ's and Unichips.

DEWFPO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts