Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was poking around ebay and stumbled on these 'chips'. I was amazed at how many people are using them..:thinkerg:
It's just a resistor in a box!!! its basically leans out your AF ratio to pump fuel into your engine. The seller swears that it will not void your warrenty but I can't see what dealer would honor this gimick.
I know most folks here would research stuff like this before they installed it. But pass the word... I can't believe this guy is still allowed to sell them on ebay.
Just a heads up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several of the companies marketing that stuff actually pay end users to write a positive review of the product, regardless of whether they actually use it or not. One of the units we received came with a paper offering $25. for positive feedback on a product they sell for $9.95 plus shipping... Sorta like a Ponzi scheme on the consumer, IMO...
Brutal!!
On a side note... do you know much about unichips for the FJ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.