Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

321 - 340 of 1086 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
7,974 Posts
It was worse than that. It through a code and went into limp home mode right as I was heading out with a group to do Imogene. Can’t remember the exact code but it had something to do with some instruction out of range or something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh that's right. Forgot about the limp mode leading a group out. Are you going to try the Raptor?

·
Desert Moderator
6,716 Posts
Oh that's right. Forgot about the limp mode leading a group out. Are you going to try the Raptor?
Do it. Do it. Put the highest octane pure dinosaur juice in there & give it death!

·
トヨタ Master
7,974 Posts
Do it. Do it. Put the highest octane pure dinosaur juice in there & give it death!
High octane makes no difference at 7200', and the highest in the state is 91. We don't see 93 until we start dropping out of the high plains to other states. 85 works fine here.

·
トヨタ Master
7,974 Posts
Reactions: Lee44

·
トヨタ Master
7,974 Posts
Octane number
It is different USA vs Australia

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
O gotchya. I was going to congratulate him on being 98. :lol:

·
Desert Moderator
6,716 Posts
High octane makes no difference at 7200', and the highest in the state is 91. We don't see 93 until we start dropping out of the high plains to other states. 85 works fine here.
That's true...

·
Desert Moderator
6,716 Posts
Octane number
It is different USA vs Australia

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
RON is usually about +5 over US octane rating so 98RON is equivalent to 93 in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts

I don’t think so. The FJ lives full time in CO now and is primarily used locally and off roading, so don’t really need any performance boost. Also a little gun shy after my experience with the pedal Commander

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,144 Posts
Finished uploading the Raptor tune today....07 FJ is zooming!!! Sounds different too...a bit meaner :x Tame around town, smoother shifting pattern, but did some steep hills and as soon as she passed 2500rpm a different FJ emerged! Like two different beasts :grin I cannot wait to play with this in Moab!!!! Will continue to update as my adventure west unfolds :wink

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Finished uploading the Raptor tune today....07 FJ is zooming!!! Sounds different too...a bit meaner :x Tame around town, smoother shifting pattern, but did some steep hills and as soon as she passed 2500rpm a different FJ emerged! Like two different beasts :grin I cannot wait to play with this in Moab!!!! Will continue to update as my adventure west unfolds :wink
Well done Deb,
First SVVTI Raptor tuned FJ !!!!
A World first !!!!!
there be a rumble in the desert now.......
hope Dev and the boys can keep up with you !!!!!!!!
:rofl::rofl:

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Good now you can help me figure out the tech side .

Reactions: bazross

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,144 Posts
Deb should be all good for wheeling now
Thanks so much Tim! Can’t wait :rocker: I’ll be starting a thread to chronicle the Raptor tune performance on my travels to and from Moab/Summit, and of course on the trails :grin There are some specific obstacles and sections of road that have been a struggle in the past and I’m very interested in how this tune will work. Leaving July 3rd....so it begins soon :wink

·
Forum Beer Miester
4,028 Posts
Quite a different animal especially with our lower gears isn’t it. I’m still amazed at how it pulls from the bottom when passing someone on the highway!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,144 Posts
Quite a different animal especially with our lower gears isn’t it. I’m still amazed at how it pulls from the bottom when passing someone on the highway!
Haven’t had a chance to really play with it yet, but I’ll def be checking out passing gear very soon - can’t wait to launch this expedition!

321 - 340 of 1086 Posts