·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Try the reverse.....
close the software
disconnect the PG..
then
plug in the PG ..wait a few seconds for windows to recognise it.... then launch the software ....
I think this is what i had to do ... but its been 7 months and my memory ain't that good
Cheers
Baz

Bring back the :blueblob:

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
and temporarily turn off all firewalls and anti virus software..this can sometimes block it

·
Registered
826 Posts
when your PG3 updates, if it's like mine, the new build number will be 1.45.0 when you open the program. also, plug in the PG3 first then launch the program as Baz mentions. to disconnect, i like to close down the program first then unhook the PG3... i couldn't find a way to "eject" an external device on my PC as I typically do with thumb drives.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
usually at the bottom right corner of the bottom tool bar ..you will see an icon with your anti virus software logo ...if you right click on this icon..a pop up box will appear - with a few options .. it should/could allow you to temporarily disable the antivirus software for something like 10 minutes... or put it to sleep ...type thing....

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Sounds to me that your computer is blocking the instal/launch of the program ...
you can try rebooting the computer...or
unistall the Toyota software and re-install it - keeping any anit virus software turned off....

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
usually at the bottom right corner of the bottom tool bar ..you will see an icon with your anti virus software logo ...if you right click on this icon..a pop up box will appear - with a few options .. it should/could allow you to temporarily disable the antivirus software for something like 10 minutes... or put it to sleep ...type thing....
I turned off the anti-virus, but I'm still getting the first "IPersist" error message when I run the software.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
when ToyotaGate is finished up dating ? .... I'm not sure I can explain that .... did you see it streaming new data in the window ?... I just sort of know when its finished.... I'll have to run my software and PG to remind myself what it looks like... give me a few minutes
Cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
when ToyotaGate is finished up dating ? .... I'm not sure I can explain that .... did you see it streaming new data in the window ?... I just sort of know when its finished.... I'll have to run my software and PG to remind myself what it looks like... give me a few minutes
Cheers
Baz
I'm not sure if it updated. It switched to version 1.45.0 and appeared to be downloading all kinds of info rapidly, then it just cut off...?

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #553
G'Day ID,
My PG hasn't been updated in 7 months ...so it took a long time... probably 30 minutes all up.... the ToyotaGate program now says its READY.... but the actual PG is still updating... the screen shows O.S. is loading ..Please wait.
So mine being older had a heap to update and toyotaGate is now showing 1.45 too ... just waiting for the PG to finish loading ..once it returns to the main screen - on the PG ...it should be ready ... and you can connect the PG to your FJ to read the ECU ....

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
G'Day ID,
My PG is still loading..... I've put a call into Tim to ask him...waiting on a call back
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm getting these errors when loading the software and when trying to pull the updates. I clicked "yes" on the last one, but nothing happened
Are you running that installer from a zip file by chance? If so try extracting the file to a folder before running the installer. It might also be helpful to right click on the executable file after extracted and select "run as administrator" which will help bypass any antivirus etc.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
G'Day ID,
the iPersistFile error isn't an issue...its a false error... that has never been fixed by the manufacturer of the PG...
I've just loaded RaptorGate version 1.45 and connected my PG and it zipped thru the update in about 30 seconds or so...

so in recap.
close Raptor Gate ( RG )
disconnect PG from the computer ( un plug and wait 20 seconds ) then replug it in .....
then launch RG ... it should do its thing.... and after just a minute or so... RG will show "READY" at the bottom left of the screen. and the PG should be on the main screen ....
when you get to this point .. its up to date and ready for action .... unplug PG... close RG.
hook it up to the FJ and follow the written instrcutions
Cheers
Baz

541 - 557 of 557 Posts