Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

561 - 580 of 630 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Baz, headed out to Jade to get a pic of the ECU label. That is still necessary? Has Raptor done a '13 or '14 US AT?
(sorry, just can't seem to make it though 560 posts) [email protected] is the right email?

@IDFJ Interested to see what Alientech's feedback is.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I got my "All Tunes" Raptor Tune installed today. Took about 5min to re-flash the ECU. Only went for a quick spin around the neighborhood so nothing to really report yet. Hopefully I can go out and hit the mountains soon to see if it will hold 4th gear at 65mph finally... fingers crossed. If I can get away from the constant 3rd to 4th downshifts on the mtn passes when trying to maintain 60-70mph that'd be a total win in my book.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
Baz, headed out to Jade to get a pic of the ECU label. That is still necessary? Has Raptor done a '13 or '14 US AT?
(sorry, just can't seem to make it though 560 posts) [email protected] is the right email?

@IDFJ Interested to see what Alientech's feedback is.
g'Day Lee,
You don't need to get the ECU label code any more.... upon initial reading of the ECU ...the PG3 captures the code...so once you do that ...Tim can extract the ECU code from the USRLog File ... easy peasy....
so not necessary....

Yes Raptor have supplied the tune to 07-14 US FJ's ..and 2010-2016 Aussie FJ's .... so all good
That is the correct email, yup.... once you get your PG3 ...you will be smoking it up ..in no time flat....
Cheers
Baz
legacy ...:blueblob: ...

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
g'Day Lee,
You don't need to get the ECU label code any more.... upon initial reading of the ECU ...the PG3 captures the code...so once you do that ...Tim can extract the ECU code from the USRLog File ... easy peasy....
so not necessary....

Yes Raptor have supplied the tune to 07-14 US FJ's ..and 2010-2016 Aussie FJ's .... so all good
That is the correct email, yup.... once you get your PG3 ...you will be smoking it up ..in no time flat....
Cheers
Baz
That's the best news all day. Someone earlier on got a pic, don't know how, I gave up after about 10 mins.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
That's the best news all day. Someone earlier on got a pic, don't know how, I gave up after about 10 mins.
Legacy :lol:
G'Day Lee,
Originally the way to get the code was off the side of the ECU black box.... but evolution is happening ... hehe
Took me about 50 attempts to get a pic that was legible.... so this is a huge improvement for all future Raptors...
legacy :smiling:

Cheers
Baz
legacy :blueblob:

·
Desert Moderator
5,659 Posts
What about speed limit?
Can your Raptor ECU Flash
delete the speed limit or increase it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I didn't think that FJs have a speed limiter?
Do you mean that 120k beep? That can be removed with techstream software.
g'Day Lee,
so not necessary....

Cheers
Baz
And even a 6MT in the UAE ;-)
I think they've even done a 1GRFE based 70 series here as well. They have the SVVTI engine with a 5MT.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
I didn't think that FJs have a speed limiter?
Do you mean that 120k beep? That can be removed with techstream software.

And even a 6MT in the UAE ;-)
I think they've even done a 1GRFE based 70 series here as well. They have the SVVTI engine with a 5MT.
and a bucket load of Hilux Utes...Taco's...in the US....

anything with a 1GR motor...
The Taco market is untapped.........i think that would be HUGE.....

Cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #571 (Edited)
Yes..
When you reach 112M/H or 180Km/H
The engine will cut the power and brake you down.
You will never pass this speed limit.

You please, anyone tell me if this option in Raptor Flash ..

G'Day Sniper,
I am pretty sure the rev limit is changed with the Raptor tune...not removed ...but altered ...but I am not so sure about the speed limiter... I'll ask tim about that..... personally doing 180 kph in the FJ would be a scary prospect in my book...
But I am old and driver more like Elmer
cheers
Baz

·
Registered
248 Posts
G'Day Sniper,
I am pretty sure the rev limit is changed with the Raptor tune...not removed ...but altered ...but I am not so sure about the speed limiter... I'll ask tim about that..... personally doing 180 kph is the FJ would be a scary prospect in my book...
But I am old and driver more like Elmer
cheers
Baz
Yes, Ask please..

I never pass the speed limit. but in case for emergency drive I am asking for speed limit..

·
Desert Moderator
5,659 Posts
Does anyone have techstream that can anser the speed limiter question?
It's not something that worries me, but it would be good to know. Also can it remove the stupid 120k/h beep in GCC models...

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
Yes, Ask please..

I never pass the speed limit. but in case for emergency drive I am asking for speed limit..

g'Day Sniper,
the simple answer is YES, they can change the speed limit...but they won't do it.
the risk and liability is too high.
Cheers
Baz
Legacy :blueblob:

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Woohoo!! (Interjection. woohoo. Used to express sudden or exuberant joy, happiness, excitement, approval or delight.) All of the above.

Raptor said:
Raptor Performance tuning - Toyota FJ
PowerGate tuner device + tune to suit 2013 FJ Cruiser auto transmission Regular gas US 87 (all fuels) - sent by EMS Express Post - about 7 days
Cheers2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Sad to report Raptor is being forced to discontinue ECU remapping in the U.S. market. Apparently, their distributor became tired of the back and forth to update their software, based on various ECU parameters. Going forward the distributor is requiring all customers to remove and send their ECU to Raptor for pre-scanning...not exactly feasible for U.S. customers.

Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut, so I got a full refund. I expect this will affect a few others who recently purchased the Powergate.

It's a bummer, but I completely understand. Congrats to those you who got in early! You are in an exclusive club.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sad to report Raptor is being forced to discontinue ECU remapping in the U.S. market. Apparently, their distributor became tired of the back and forth to update their software, based on various ECU parameters. Going forward the distributor is requiring all customers to remove and send their ECU to Raptor for pre-scanning...not exactly feasible for U.S. customers.

Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut, so I got a full refund. I expect this will affect a few others who recently purchased the Powergate.

It's a bummer, but I completely understand. Congrats to those you who got in early! You are in an exclusive club.
Wow, seriously? I just got my PG3 and tune 2 weeks ago... talk about making it under the wire. I hope there is continued support for the existing customers.

John

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Wow, seriously? I just got my PG3 and tune 2 weeks ago... talk about making it under the wire. I hope there is continued support for the existing customers.

John
I got that straight from the horse's mouth. Sounds like it came as a complete shock to Raptor.

561 - 580 of 630 Posts