Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

581 - 600 of 1071 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
Sad to report Raptor is being forced to discontinue ECU remapping in the U.S. market. Apparently, their distributor became tired of the back and forth to update their software, based on various ECU parameters. Going forward the distributor is requiring all customers to remove and send their ECU to Raptor for pre-scanning...not exactly feasible for U.S. customers.

Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut, so I got a full refund. I expect this will affect a few others who recently purchased the Powergate.

It's a bummer, but I completely understand. Congrats to those you who got in early! You are in an exclusive club.

G'Day,
SADLY, this is true.... and a complete shock....
The manufacturer of the PG3, has decided not to allow 3rd party software to be used with its product.
Effectively preventing Raptor of being able to supply the Tune.
Raptor are still trying to reverse this ...but its not likely to change.
Support to existing owners of the tune will continue and not change,

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
G'Day,
SADLY, this is true.... and a complete shock....
The manufacturer of the PG3, has decided not to allow 3rd party software to be used with its product.
Effectively preventing Raptor of being able to supply the Tune.
Raptor are still trying to reverse this ...but its not likely to change.
Support to existing owners of the tune will continue and not change,

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
OMG! I’m sad and shocked....feel bad for Tim too. Can only hope somehow in the future it’ll re-emerge ?

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I just got notice that my PG3 is in customs. If the cutoff was IDFJ, not looking good here.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Clip clip
Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut, so I got a full refund. I expect this will affect a few others who recently purchased the Powergate.
clip clip
Tim sent you an email?

Reactions: IDFJ

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Reactions: debFJVT

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I got a full refund through PayPal, then an email from Tim explaining it was a no go. Surprised you haven't got a similar email.
What did you do with the PG3?

·
Banned
178 Posts
Seriously?! This had gone on my list of future mods. I really hope this can be changed. The ability to switch back and store the 2 tunings was appealing.
The fact that this tuning exists but now won't be available just makes it that much more desirable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Desert Moderator
6,661 Posts
This sucks. I'm sure that Tim is working on a way to fix this.
Long story short - the PG3 team will sell fewer units, so they're likely shooting themselves in the foot. I'm wondering if the US disti for PG3 is throwing a spanner in the works claiming the Australia sourced units are eating their lunch and they want $$$.

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
This sucks. I'm sure that Tim is working on a way to fix this.
Long story short - the PG3 team will sell fewer units, so they're likely shooting themselves in the foot. I'm wondering if the US disti for PG3 is throwing a spanner in the works claiming the Australia sourced units are eating their lunch and they want $$$.
G'Day Andrew,
My understanding is that the manufacturer is now blocking all 3 rd party software use...worldwide....
Which is totally crazy....
Cheers
Baz

581 - 600 of 1071 Posts