Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

601 - 620 of 977 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
probably some weasel layer action, all bad things in life come from one person who lawyered up to get rich, now we're surrounded by cold McDonald's coffee, ladders with stickers warning us not to step on them, the list goes on and on

:p

·
Desert Moderator
6,208 Posts
probably some weasel layer action, all bad things in life come from one person who lawyered up to get rich, now we're surrounded by cold McDonald's coffee, ladders with stickers warning us not to step on them, the list goes on and on

:p
Possibly true also, but where there's a will, there's a way.
How can the manufacturer really stop 3rd party software? That's like Apple saying you can't use one drive or Dropbox- only idrive... not practical, and if they enforce it , customers go & buy a Dell instead.
I hope Raptor find a way around this mess.

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
G'Day,
ALL may not be lost...... Raptor are working on a fix/solution, early days still.....and no g'tee it will work.... but Raptor have not given up.... fingers crossed ...a Tune ..could still be available in the not too distant future...

Cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
G'Day,
ALL may not be lost...... Raptor are working on a fix/solution, early days still.....and no g'tee it will work.... but Raptor have not given up.... fingers crossed ...a Tune ..could still be available in the not too distant future...

Cheers
Baz
They sure gave me the impression it was over. Gave me a full refund, and said keep the PG (or toss it in the trash).

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
They sure gave me the impression it was over. Gave me a full refund, and said keep the PG (or toss it in the trash).
24 hours ago, it did seem an impossibility.....now there is a chance it could be resolved.... with a little creativity...😉...
If you still have the PG, hang onto it.....for now.....
Cheers
Baz

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,995 Posts
G'Day,

Cheers
Baz
And this would be for all year FJs, correct?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’m no programmer, but if Raptor has the tune code I can’t imagine it would be a major task to find someone to develop a OBD-II dongle other than the PG to load into an ECU. Then again, I don’t know what I’m talking about and am one of the ones left in line kicking himself in the butt for procrastinating.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I’m no programmer, but if Raptor has the tune code I can’t imagine it would be a major task to find someone to develop a OBD-II dongle other than the PG to load into an ECU. Then again, I don’t know what I’m talking about and am one of the ones left in line kicking himself in the butt for procrastinating.
You’re not wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
I wish it was that easy.... :lol:
Hang in there ....
soon as I hear anything I'll post it up
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sad to report Raptor is being forced to discontinue ECU remapping in the U.S. market. Apparently, their distributor became tired of the back and forth to update their software, based on various ECU parameters. Going forward the distributor is requiring all customers to remove and send their ECU to Raptor for pre-scanning...not exactly feasible for U.S. customers.

Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut, so I got a full refund. I expect this will affect a few others who recently purchased the Powergate.

It's a bummer, but I completely understand. Congrats to those you who got in early! You are in an exclusive club.
Wow that sucks. I wanted to see how your tune would turn out.

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #619
G'Day,
AN UPDATE ....
Raptor are still working on a solution to supply FJ tunes to all years and models.... they are close to fixing this...
It is expected to be fully resolved by January 2020.
the delay is mostly going to be Christmas getting in the way of life.... and tunes.... Summer DU means most custom shops close for upto a month, over the Christmas period, including Raptor.

I'll keep you posted with any developments as they happen, but for now stay tuned..pun intended ...

cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
G'Day,
AN UPDATE ....
Raptor are still working on a solution to supply FJ tunes to all years and models.... they are close to fixing this...
It is expected to be fully resolved by January 2020.
the delay is mostly going to be Christmas getting in the way of life.... and tunes.... Summer DU means most custom shops close for upto a month, over the Christmas period, including Raptor.

I'll keep you posted with any developments as they happen, but for now stay tuned..pun intended ...

cheers
Baz
Why wouldn't Raptor be telling people this themselves? I was told I could throw my PG in the trash. What if I had done so, and then it was resolved next month? Seems weird Raptor would not be telling people to sit tight.

601 - 620 of 977 Posts