Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

641 - 650 of 650 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
For you Raptor ECU tune enhanced folks with auto trans, how's the shifting affected when driving in the hills? Specifically up hill cheers[1].gif

·
Registered
160 Posts
For you Raptor ECU tune enhanced folks with auto trans, how's the shifting affected when driving in the hills? Specifically up hill View attachment 1119861
Drops down and holds in gear longer. Less upshifting at the wrong time only to find it needs to drop down again. Definitely an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
For you Raptor ECU tune enhanced folks with auto trans, how's the shifting affected when driving in the hills? Specifically up hill View attachment 1119861
G'Day Lee,
I find I can drive up most hills and it holds in 5th ... if I keep the speed up...but eventually will drop down if revs drop or the incline is strong.... I was towing our caravan back from a weekend away, along the freeway at the speed limit aka 70 mph, it held 5th ...going up all but the longest hills when it dropped back - and still kept to the speed limit .... and the tranny stayed much cooler too even with a hard heavy load. no where near the temps I used to get.
cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
G'Day,
UPDATE....

All systems are green for GO ..at Raptor ..... new PG3 stock has been ordered....
The process has been tuned and tweaked to simplify the whole sheeebang ...

Step 1. Customer has to be able to supply the Calibration Identification of their ECU prior to order, to ensure a tune can be flashed to your specific ECU. To do this you need to use an engine scanner to read the ECU and obtain the CAL ID.

Step 2.
Order your tune. Raptor will then ship the PG3, instructions and Raptor PC software to you.

Step 3.
Connect PG3 to your OBDII port and read the ECU, it will download the USRlog file into the PG.
Install the Raptor software onto your PC, connect the PG to the PC and download the USRLog file onto your PC
Send this file to Raptor via email. they modify the USR and send it back to you via email

Step 4
Load the tuned file into the PG3 via the Raptor software, and then plug the PG3 into the OBDII port and flash the tune into the ECU.
Done.

You can contact Raptor at
[email protected]

Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
112 Posts
G'Day,
UPDATE....

All systems are green for GO ..at Raptor ..... new PG3 stock has been ordered....
The process has been tuned and tweaked to simplify the whole sheeebang ...

Step 1. Customer has to be able to supply the Calibration Identification of their ECU prior to order, to ensure a tune can be flashed to your specific ECU. To do this you need to use an engine scanner to read the ECU and obtain the CAL ID.

Step 2.
Order your tune. Raptor will then ship the PG3, instructions and Raptor PC software to you.

Step 3.
Connect PG3 to your OBDII port and read the ECU, it will download the USRlog file into the PG.
Install the Raptor software onto your PC, connect the PG to the PC and download the USRLog file onto your PC
Send this file to Raptor via email. they modify the USR and send it back to you via email

Step 4
Load the tuned file into the PG3 via the Raptor software, and then plug the PG3 into the OBDII port and flash the tune into the ECU.
Done.

You can contact Raptor at
[email protected]

Cheers
Baz
I'm finally ready. Picked new tires and got the suspension totally sorted out. I will get the CAL ID this week and send it to Tim.

·
Premium Member
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
G'Day.
New PG stock has been ordered...just waiting for it to arrive... in the next few days
Cheers
Baz

641 - 650 of 650 Posts