Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

661 - 680 of 999 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Just got home, PG3 in the mailbox. Instructions in hand. Raptor software on the way email.

Now, not sure I'll go outside and get the log file. Cold, dark and raining. Maybe after dinner (or sometime tonight when 'want' overrides 'need'. 😃 ) and the email arrives.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
I believe that all went well. The .usr file is streaking its way to Tim. File size on the hard drive says 5k and in the email says 9k. ?? Tried twice

I did get the iPersistFile error as mentioned before. Also mentioned before, it is a false error. Just tap OK or whatever it says and it will continue.

My PG3 did do an update when it was plugged into the PC.

Do use some kind of stylus to calibrate the PG3 screen, fat fingers didn't work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made the mistake of re-creating the .usr file after I had sent the original to Tim. The file that was returned from Raptor would not work with the re-created .usr. After sending the neew .usr file Tim got me a new tune for it. The new tune worked fine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does anyone else have this CAL ID, 2010 DVVTi All-Terrain?

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Same IDs as mine. If you wait a week Tim will have this one in his library. I pulled my ECU today and it will be in the mail to him on Monday.

Edit: I also have a 2010 DVVTi, AutoTrans.
Great teamwork! (y)

My bank temporary shut down my account when I bought this thing because they thought it was a fraudulent purchase. But mine should arrive monday.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Same IDs as mine. If you wait a week Tim will have this one in his library. I pulled my ECU today and it will be in the mail to him on Monday.

Edit: I also have a 2010 DVVTi, AutoTrans.
CrayFJ,

Thank you! You took one for the team. I will make sure Tim know that yours has the same ID and is on the way.

Best Regards,
Stephen

·
Registered
191 Posts
For whatever reason the dealership could not read my ECU and wanted to re-flash mine, which seems crazy to even try if you don't know what your programming. I tried 2 code readers and they could not read my ECU. The AL519 that I purchased had no problem. Other "shops" told me that I had a 2009 VVTi which is equally crazy (invoice attached). Do I have a weird one?

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Do I have a weird one?
I don't think so. Dealerships can be weird and this is definitely out of their wheelhouse. From my understanding most basic code readers do not provide the info required. My scangauge doesn't do it, and free apps that I know of don't do it. I paid for the Torque Pro app and bought a bluetooth OBD device and it works. I do not believe the all-terrain package is out of the ordinary either.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Iconic_,

Thanks for the reply. The last thing I want is a rig that can't be supported. I had a Porsche 928S4 with funny business and ended up selling it because only the local guy from Holland knew how to make it run.

BTW, I found a 2008 FJ here is Dana Point for $9K. It runs great, needs a new interior, and has over 300K miles on it. The family that owns it just doesn't want to deal with it. I'm thinking it could be a full build project for someone. It's an AT. Could it become my Monster FJ??? H'mmmmmm.

Best Regards,
Stephen

·
Premium Member
10,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #677
For whatever reason the dealership could not read my ECU and wanted to re-flash mine, which seems crazy to even try if you don't know what your programming. I tried 2 code readers and they could not read my ECU. The AL519 that I purchased had no problem. Other "shops" told me that I had a 2009 VVTi which is equally crazy (invoice attached). Do I have a weird one?
View attachment 1121058
G'Day Step,
I agree with Iconic, its not a weird one.... that being said, you can check your build date on the compliance plate...
and run the VIN ...it will tell you exactly what it is .... my guess - as you have the same CAL ID as CRayFJ.. the actual build date is 11/2009 ... but with the DVVTI engine ..and shipped 12/2009 to the US, so its called a 2010 model as it was only in the market in 2010 .... also Yoda knew it would be ...so they built it as a Generation II DVVTI...
You are just in the middle / the cusp of the change over to DVVTI .....

and thanks to CRAYFJ... he is doing the hard yards with the ECU .... buy him a beer when you bump into him !!! rofl.

Cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
The 2010 model year would have begun in early September of '09 (typical auto industry practice, people get confused by this all of the time).

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
G'Day Step,
I agree with Iconic, its not a weird one.... that being said, you can check your build date on the compliance plate...
and run the VIN ...it will tell you exactly what it is .... my guess - as you have the same CAL ID as CRayFJ.. the actual build date is 11/2009 ... but with the DVVTI engine ..and shipped 12/2009 to the US, so its called a 2010 model as it was only in the market in 2010 .... also Yoda knew it would be ...so they built it as a Generation II DVVTI...
You are just in the middle / the cusp of the change over to DVVTI .....

and thanks to CRAYFJ... he is doing the hard yards with the ECU .... buy him a beer when you bump into him !!! rofl.

Cheers
Baz
Spot on Baz on my build date, but Stephous' build date was actually 06/2010. So this CAL ID is probably for the 2010 model year in the US (just a guess). I looked up Stephous' VIN number above just because I was curious whether the All-Terrain Package was a dealer installed thing or if it was from the factory. It's a factory option that essentially included upgraded wheels, tires, and shocks. So, its nothing strange, but I had never heard of it before either.

I'm up for the beer if you ever make it to this side of the country, but I'll be buying myself one and celebrating if this gets back and forth to Tim without a hitch! My truck is going to have more frequent flyer miles than me this year! 😂

661 - 680 of 999 Posts