·
Registered
223 Posts
g'Day Step,
Should be in your inbox...
cheers
Baz
Baz,
Thank you. Tim just emailed me everything. I paid $$$. I'm on the team.
BR,
Step

·
Premium Member
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #763
G'Day,
Small update .....
Due the impact the Corona Virus is having on China's manufacturing ability....
The PG3 is in short supply worldwide...... Raptor still have stock ...but not many ...
Once stock is exhausted, Raptor will not be able to supply new tunes, until manufacturing of the PG3, re-commences....
cheers
Baz

·
Desert Moderator
6,496 Posts
G'Day,
Small update .....
Due the impact the Corona Virus is having on China's manufacturing ability....
The PG3 is in short supply worldwide...... Raptor still have stock ...but not many ...
Once stock is exhausted, Raptor will not be able to supply new tunes, until manufacturing of the PG3, re-commences....
cheers
Baz
Get ready for many of the things that we take for granted to be in short supply for a while...

·
Registered
40 Posts
So just as I’m about convinced to join you guys, there are proclaimed indefinite delays. Figures. Assuming I install a CAI & exhaust concurrently, which mates best with which? Yes; I have read all pertinent threads, but can only rough guess. Amaclach seems the closest equivalent since mine is an ‘07 6MT currently stock. Am partial to Volant, Airaid, aFE, Injen and a few others, but honestly don’t know enough to pick that and complementary pipes. Thought it best to ask here first before contacting the company directly. Will get the calibration ID upon release from the installer (two weeks and counting). Likely will order as soon as the breathing parts are decided. Might then ask for a tune shop east coast PA,NY.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
As I understand it, the catback exhaust has little effect on the tune. The intake system does. You listed some good ones. I chose Airaid with a dry filter.

I run a URD catback because I like the mellow sound, no drone when cruising and it is high tuck. (and I got a good deal from a member here) ?

·
Premium Member
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #767
G'Day TT,
Lee is spot on.... the intake is the key ingredient ... more air in .... the exhaust isn't important to the tune... but if you pushing more air in...makes sense to have a decent air out method... its gotta go some where ...
I would not wait long... to order your tune... no telling how quickly Raptor will exhaust supplies of the PG ..nor how long before they can get more ... intake and exhaust are complimentary to the tune .... but the tune will still work with stock air intake / exhaust.
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
223 Posts
G'Day TT,
Lee is spot on.... the intake is the key ingredient ... more air in .... the exhaust isn't important to the tune... but if you pushing more air in...makes sense to have a decent air out method... its gotta go some where ...
I would not wait long... to order your tune... no telling how quickly Raptor will exhaust supplies of the PG ..nor how long before they can get more ... intake and exhaust are complimentary to the tune .... but the tune will still work with stock air intake / exhaust.
Cheers
Baz
What Baz and Lee said. If your not going nuts like I am leave the exhaust alone. Most of the gains are on the intake side. Tim has also given me a lot of guidance. My FJ is getting all those things I swore I wouldn't do. I was going to leave it stock, NO! New pictures once everything gets sorted out. My jeep neighbors pointed me to 2 ORV parks that are directly behind me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So, I waited long enough and pulled the trigger this morning and got an invoice and email from Tim and he informed me that I snatched up the last PG he had in stock! Whew! Just made it before someone grabbed the last one!
This will be my b-day gift to me from me. lol Been waiting a good 6 months to pull the trigger on this mod and am really dang excited to finally know that the ball is in fact rolling to begin the new fun with the ol' FJ. Raptor tune will be going in an '08 with CAI and full long tube header and not much else to slow the air down out back. As she sits, she is loud as hell and I drive it like I stole it. lol Once all is finally installed I will drop in and post up my own experience with this mod for both on and off road experiences. Can't wait to see what it does out on the trails and rocks!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I’m a little confused...

To maximize gains with raptor tune ... it is highly recommended installing CAI ?
Volant or afe or airraid ?

I drive a lot on sand dunes, and i got the same problem with dust in the stock airbox, that’s why I just installed an AEM dry filter stock replacement

Any thoughts ?

ALSO, my fj got URD equal long tube headers

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

·
Desert Moderator
6,496 Posts
I’m a little confused...

To maximize gains with raptor tune ... it is highly recommended installing CAI ?
Volant or afe or airraid ?

I drive a lot on sand dunes, and i got the same problem with dust in the stock airbox, that’s why I just installed an AEM dry filter stock replacement

Any thoughts ?

ALSO, my fj got URD equal long tube headers

If you have dust issues, put a decent snorkel on it.
I have no snorkel for now so I've kept the stock intake with cyclonic pre-filter in place.
The stock airbox on the 10+ is good, but flow is restricted by the cyclonic pre-filter. With the addition of a snorkel, you'll eliminate the majority of the dust and get cooler air, so you can remove the pre-filter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you have dust issues, put a decent snorkel on it.
I have no snorkel for now so I've kept the stock intake with cyclonic pre-filter in place.
The stock airbox on the 10+ is good, but flow is restricted by the cyclonic pre-filter. With the addition of a snorkel, you'll eliminate the majority of the dust and get cooler air, so you can remove the pre-filter.
Thank you. In fact my fj is 2013
Snorkel its not an option for the moment

·
Registered
40 Posts
I arranged yesterday to get the ECU scanned for the Calibration ID tomorrow while still at the installation shop. Shall proceed even though the flash must be postponed. Yup, the intake seems much more important than the exhaust, though my Brooklyn mechanic wants me to get a loud one with bright tip(s) cause they’re cool. I suppose I might as well order both of those in prelude to an eventual Raptor program. While I don’t expect an answer, I may inquire of Them how long a delay the company hopes for. Long ago, some of us spotted a weak link in Professor Demming’s model. At the time, the rewards seemed greater than the risk, and it was for a good, long while. Thanks all for the consideration. Will remain receptive to suggestions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I arranged yesterday to get the ECU scanned for the Calibration ID tomorrow while still at the installation shop. Shall proceed even though the flash must be postponed. Yup, the intake seems much more important than the exhaust, though my Brooklyn mechanic wants me to get a loud one with bright tip(s) cause they’re cool. I suppose I might as well order both of those in prelude to an eventual Raptor program. While I don’t expect an answer, I may inquire of Them how long a delay the company hopes for. Long ago, some of us spotted a weak link in Professor Demming’s model. At the time, the rewards seemed greater than the risk, and it was for a good, long while. Thanks all for the consideration. Will remain receptive to suggestions.
So interesting, you confirm that intake is much important than exhaust.

Which brand of intake is the best ?
Volant ? Front intake looks better than others..

Volant air intake systems utilize a high-velocity venturi filter adapter which provides a smooth transition through the MAF sensor into the intake tube for a much needed airflow improvement over the factory rubber tubing and resonator box. Volant's Cool Air box is larger than the factory unit and incorporates a larger opening to collect a higher volume of colder ambient air.

my old FJ got an AFE Stage 2

·
Registered
40 Posts
Still don’t know which is best. How well does the aFe filter? Any other observations? Will just pick one and run with it to swap later if indicated. Am leaning toward Volant & Airaid MXP mostly because of the box, probably dry. It might assist some. Of course, a cat-back likely wouldn’t hurt. Then again, it just might at that If not a good match. Of course, this was to be in preparation for an immediate ECU reset. I thought that a week from first notice of diminishing PG3 inventory would be fast enough to plan for ordering. Apparently, I’ve been proven wrong. I don’t like mistakes. Hope I don’t have to get used to them.

·
Premium Member
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #776
G'Day,
Information from Raptor is that they have located a source of PG3's from a 3rd party in Europe and are in the process of having them shipped - so new stock should be available in a week or two.
This will open the window again, till they run out ....
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
89 Posts
Still don’t know which is best. How well does the aFe filter? Any other observations? Will just pick one and run with it to swap later if indicated. Am leaning toward Volant & Airaid MXP mostly because of the box, probably dry. It might assist some. Of course, a cat-back likely wouldn’t hurt. Then again, it just might at that If not a good match. Of course, this was to be in preparation for an immediate ECU reset. I thought that a week from first notice of diminishing PG3 inventory would be fast enough to plan for ordering. Apparently, I’ve been proven wrong. I don’t like mistakes. Hope I don’t have to get used to them.
AFE dry filter . sounds good

·
Registered
14 Posts
G'Day,
Information from Raptor is that they have located a source of PG3's from a 3rd party in Europe and are in the process of having them shipped - so new stock should be available in a week or two.
Cheers
Baz
The PG can be cleared to original state easily. There is a utility to erase all files in memory. If someone wants the tune but no PGs are available sharing the PG would be doable. Would Raptor be amenable to that??

·
Registered
223 Posts
G'Day,
Cheers
Baz
Baz,

I just sent this to Tim. Does this look correct?

Hi Tim,

Attached is my stock stephous02_29_20.usr file. The PG identified my FJ as a 1GRE 239HP. is that correct?

Please let me know when you receive this and if my *.usr is correct.

Best Regards,
Stephen

Truck now has 33" x 16" tires.

BR,
Step

761 - 780 of 1061 Posts