Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

881 - 900 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, guys; I’m sold, presuming that their specs already are in the Raptor library. The shop promised me the ECU data within the next two days. I will implement plan B and C if they don’t provide it by then. I can get non-ethanol US 90 somewhat regularly, about half the time, and 91 or 93 most other places. She’s being configured as a DD gentleman’s cruiser with 3 to 4 hour interstate/turnpike drives common. That’s why I also will replace the factory seats. Eventually, with enough confidence in upgrades, she’ll be back off-road on dusty or muddy mountain trails. The ODBII port should be easy enough to access, but what I don’t fully get is the advantage in choosing the AFT over the hi tune. I understand my gains will be less than those realized from a AT, but will appreciate whatever I attain.

Can I deposit or pre-pay to reserve one before accessing & obtaining ECU numbers? I Don’t want to miss buying one from their replacement Inventory.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Baz,

Correct me if I'm wrong. The All Fuels Tune is for guys running any 87 to 91 Octane USA fuel. The Performance Tune is for guys running high grade 91 USA Octane and higher. That's what I have and as demonstrated it needs premium fuel to work like this: Shell V-Power® NiTRO+

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can I deposit or pre-pay to reserve one before accessing & obtaining ECU numbers? I Don’t want to miss buying one from their replacement Inventory.
Dont think that really possible. Ask them. It just took me 3 days from initial contact with them to getting it paid for. I pulled my cal id using a cheep bluetooth obd2reader and the torque app. And took a picture of the door jam and the ecm sticker behind the glove box.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
701usd shipped right now guys. I just paid. About to fire up the laptop and put the program and files on it then start reading through the files they sent. Probably read through it tomorrow. How long was it taking for you guys to get the powergate in.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
Yeah, guys; I’m sold, presuming that their specs already are in the Raptor library. The shop promised me the ECU data within the next two days. I will implement plan B and C if they don’t provide it by then. I can get non-ethanol US 90 somewhat regularly, about half the time, and 91 or 93 most other places. She’s being configured as a DD gentleman’s cruiser with 3 to 4 hour interstate/turnpike drives common. That’s why I also will replace the factory seats. Eventually, with enough confidence in upgrades, she’ll be back off-road on dusty or muddy mountain trails. The ODBII port should be easy enough to access, but what I don’t fully get is the advantage in choosing the AFT over the hi tune. I understand my gains will be less than those realized from a AT, but will appreciate whatever I attain.

G'day TT,
I am running the ALL FUELS Tune, but always use the highest octane fuel, thats 98 here .... and it does help.
so a slight increase / gain is still had using high octane fuel .... all fuels is just easier ...as it handles "all fuels"
the HP tune ... must only run on hi octane fuel

Cheers
Baz

and if you want to prepay or deposit ...I'd reckon Raptor would say yes, but check

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #887
Baz,

Correct me if I'm wrong. The All Fuels Tune is for guys running any 87 to 91 Octane USA fuel. The Performance Tune is for guys running high grade 91 USA Octane and higher. That's what I have and as demonstrated it needs premium fuel to work like this: Shell V-Power® NiTRO+
All fuels = all fuels ( just avoid ethanol )
98 tune, must run 93/94 octane ... I'm not sure what you guys call it ... but super juice only for the HP/98 ( or better if you go racer )

Cheers
B

·
Registered
38 Posts
Understood. It’s very difficult to avoid ethanol blends these days in these parts. at least 10% ethanol is in most every tank. It’s some quasi-governmental bureaucrat decree. I suspect that the ethanol-free US 90 octane would be roughly equivalent to AU 93 rating. It’s the lowest I’ve ever given her with US 93 when available, so I’ve already made that commitment. If less performance is the only adverse effect from using 87 or 89 I’ll just carry some bottles of octane boost. Still, I prefer to avoid additives of any kind. Might better spark plugs (E3) make a difference? One of my mechanics advised against iridium plugs for this engine.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #889
Understood. It’s very difficult to avoid ethanol blends these days in these parts. at least 10% ethanol is in most every tank. It’s some quasi-governmental bureaucrat decree. I suspect that the ethanol-free US 90 octane would be roughly equivalent to AU 93 rating. It’s the lowest I’ve ever given her with US 93 when available, so I’ve already made that commitment. If less performance is the only adverse effect from using 87 or 89 I’ll just carry some bottles of octane boost. Still, I prefer to avoid additives of any kind. Might better spark plugs (E3) make a difference? One of my mechanics advised against iridium plugs for this engine.
G'Day TT,
with the uncertainty of good fuel - in some areas at least ... the wise choice is the all fuels tune ... using ethanol won't hurt the engine as such. It can be debated that it does ..lol... but sometimes if thats all that is available ..you gotta use it.
Carrying a booster is a good idea, better than adding ethanol ....
Plugs... I have forgotten which are not recommended, but it sounds right - somewhere in the back of my mind ..iridium was too hot ...or something like that...
I've driven the wife's 98 tune and to be honest ..I could not really tell it was any faster or performed better than mine on all fuels tune - both run 98 octane juice ... I could be biased ... hahaha ... for me it is less about any extra performance between the two ...and more that both J's ..just drive way way better due the the new shift points.
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Heard from Tim and they had my tune! Paid, got the files, now just waiting for the device. Easy, hope this virus thing does not hold up the delivery. I’ll let you know how it feels!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Heard from Tim and they had my tune! Paid, got the files, now just waiting for the device. Easy, hope this virus thing does not hold up the delivery. I’ll let you know how it feels!
Similar story, heard from Tim, they actually DO have my ECU in their files. Paid, and it will be on the way today. Looking forward to this SO MUCH.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm somewhat familiar with ECU tablet flashes as I've done this with a few of my Motorcycles and results (butt dyno and actual dyne) before and after where quite distinguishable from stock.

Thus I've reached out to them as well and heard back from Tim. I'm ready to pull the trigger just need to figure out how to pull my dang CAL ID (ECU serial number) as I don't have a scanner. Anyone know what brand of scanner/OBD device (local to USA) does this particular scan (as not just any scanner will do apparently)?

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Thanks @ Lee44. Do you know of any Apple compatible products/devices?
I heard there is or going to be an IOS version. All we have is IOS except for a Samsung tablet I got on Amazon to run it. It does work great.

There is this, just doesn't say Pro.

Torque OBDII for ios

I haven't read anything about it. Don't even know if its the same people. Went to the Torque Pro website, didn't say anything about ios I could find.

GL,

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,316 Posts
Thanks @ Lee44. Do you know of any Apple compatible products/devices?
there are several. I have Dash Command, OBD Fusion and Blue Driver. I haven’t done anything much with any of them and I have Torque Pro on the android stereo... I'd say Dash Command and OBD Fusion are very similar to Torque

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on the all fuels tune for my 2014 AT.
It was hard to wait any longer to see if the exchange rate gets any better (worse in reality) or loose out on available stock.

Looking forward to unleashing the beast!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

881 - 900 of 950 Posts