Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had an idea if it would be possible to place lights on the plastic piece in the hood so that it would look similar to the 3 lights on the top of the grille on the new raptor f150? If so, any ideas on what type of lights could be used? thanks

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
FWIW,

There is a reason the raptor has these lights. IIRC, the width of the raptor means that it is required to run those 3 amber lights to signify this. You see similar lights on the roof of some dually pickups.

The FJ is not that wide.

If you are just doing it for the looks, yes, you can wire up some amber lights very easily in the grill.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Layonnn

Oh i didn't know that was the reason for the raptor's having the lights, thanks

And yes i only wanted to do it for the looks. I think i'll go and see what lights i can find here and then have a go at wiring them up. thanks again

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Thanks for the reply Layonnn

Oh i didn't know that was the reason for the raptor's having the lights, thanks

And yes i only wanted to do it for the looks. I think i'll go and see what lights i can find here and then have a go at wiring them up. thanks again
Yes, i believe it is a requirement only in the US as far as i know.

Though, on dually pickups, the lights are usually on the roof.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for late reply, was away.

Thanks again Layonnn.

That's exactly where i am planning on putting them OK_FJ. Thanks for the link also, but i have found some here in Dubai that i think will be ok, so no need to order them.

Hopefully i'll do it in the next week or so and then I can put some pictures up for you guys to see :)

And GSFJ, come on, the Raptor is such a nice truck! good looks and it's very powerful :clap:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just saw a raptor on the road yesterday, sweet hood. wonder if it has any practicality to they venting or just all looks.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
FWIW,

There is a reason the raptor has these lights. IIRC, the width of the raptor means that it is required to run those 3 amber lights to signify this. You see similar lights on the roof of some dually pickups.

The FJ is not that wide.

If you are just doing it for the looks, yes, you can wire up some amber lights very easily in the grill.
you are correct. the raptor is 7 inches wider than the standard F150, thus requiring the additional lighting to satisfy DOT regs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts