Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working in Memphis, TN the last few days and decided to stop in at 4WheelParts. I got to meet Jon the manager and the rest of the guys, very cool group. Today before leaving, Jon let me crawl up on the RTI Ramp and get some flex shots of the Raptor. I thought I post them up for those of you that have or thinking about getting an ICON Suspension, this is what to expect as far as articulation goes. :D

My Favorite from behind. :)

If your ever passing through the Memphis area, stop in and say hi to the guys. :) They have some serious rock buggies too.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Show those guys at FourWheelParts what a real FJ Cruiser should look like!

As with Shadow-Warrior, I have the DR/Icon suspension as well and have been very happy with all aspects of it. There are more expensive suspension systems out there but the DR suspension closes the deal time after time ON THE TRAIL, where it counts! :rawr:

·
Registered
534 Posts
The all black FJs always makes my heart go pitter patter. :pinklove:

Looks great.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those flex shots look sweet!!!! Looks like you got a pretty good score on the RTI ramp. The DR/Icon suspension is great!:rocker:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Awesome pics! I am trying to picture what it would look like if the front was SFA. As always, your FJ is looking very bad azz!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Mike,

Great shots! The Raptor is an awesome machine!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, yeh, it was cool to get it up on the ramp to see what type of flex I was getting. :)

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
OMG........The Beast.........Its, Its..........ALIVE!!!

Sweet shots Mike. I was in Memphis today too, wish I knew you were there. The guys there are a great bunch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just checked your "Meet the Raptor" link. WOW! That is the most bad azz FJ I've ever seen!!! I think I just found the blue print to modding my new FJ with that one!

I stopped by my local 4Wheel Parts store for the first time last week for some advice and, well......was'nt treated so friendly.

I'm getting my suspension done next month and have been looking at either the Icon or Fox suspension. Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Did you get the score on the RTI value?

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I stopped by my local 4Wheel Parts store for the first time last week for some advice and, well......was'nt treated so friendly.
Don't think you're alone. My experience is that they look at the FJ and don't know what to make of it--so they fall back on lifted pick-ups and Jeeps as the gods of the 4 Wheeling World. So I steer clear of 4 Wheel Parts.

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Nice flex pics! Great looking FJ as well. Chris

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Great shots Mike - :cheers:

-

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OMG........The Beast.........Its, Its..........ALIVE!!!

Sweet shots Mike. I was in Memphis today too, wish I knew you were there. The guys there are a great bunch.
I wish I new you were in town too, we could have got together for lunch. :)

Just checked your "Meet the Raptor" link. WOW! That is the most bad azz FJ I've ever seen!!! I think I just found the blue print to modding my new FJ with that one!

I'm getting my suspension done next month and have been looking at either the Icon or Fox suspension. Thanks for the inspiration!

Did you get the score on the RTI value?
Yeh, I didn't get the RTI Score, I was running out of time. I had to get back to work. :(

Don't think you're alone. My experience is that they look at the FJ and don't know what to make of it--so they fall back on lifted pick-ups and Jeeps as the gods of the 4 Wheeling World. So I steer clear of 4 Wheel Parts.
I know what you mean, this place was a little different. I was surprised when I pulled in as a matter of fact I was talking with you on the phone, they started pouring out of the building checking out the rig, that's when I had to hang up. :lol:

They were a great group of guys, not the norm when it comes to 4Wheel Parts. Jon the manager was very cool, he has a Rock Buggie, I should have taken some pics of. It was a good time, they wanted me to go mudding with them, but I had to get back to work. :(

Nice flex pics! Great looking FJ as well. Chris

:huh:

I painted my exhaust black also :eek:

Great photos, Mike :)
:lol: I didn't paint mine, mine is the TRD S.S. :)

Great shots Mike - :cheers:

-
Thanks Vince. :cheers:

I was wondering the same thing.

Super cool shots Mike, thanks for sharing.
Thanks Eric, I wish I had more time to spend when I was there that afternoon. Jon spottted me up the ramp, then I jumped out took some quik pics, and then had to haul a$$ to work. :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts