Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a DVD player in the Raptor for traveling. This will allow my wife to watch movies on long trips. I wanted one that would fit in the space inside the passenger dash area. There is a nice flat spot that would work perfect for a player. I have been looking at different ones for the past couple of months. I decided on this one, I bought it at Best Buy. It fits perfect and the screen resolution is great. I watched “Two Roads to Taupo” on it. :D

I went to Home Depot and bought some Industrial Strength Velcro, I cut it to length and then applied it to the back of the player and the dash, it works perfect, there is no movement of the DVD player.

I know you can see the wire hanging down, I haven’t ran the wiring for a permanent install yet. Since I now have installed my Blue Sea fuse box in the Raptor when I did my Off-Road light install thread. I left one of the positions open for the DVD player. Now it’s just a matter of cutting off the plug end and attaching the hot and ground wires in the box. I’m on the road right now, so I really don’t want to mess with it in my hotel parking lot.

Anyways, I thought I would pass this on to others that may be looking for something like this. :)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Sometimes it's hard to sell the "let's drive 3 hours on the road...to drive another 6 hours in the dirt...then 3 hours back home" 'day trip'. This would help! :)

Nice job...as usual.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mike! That's a cool set up but the big question is - can you hook up a video game system to it? MT
:lol:...I really don't know MT..*laughing*...I guess I'll have to read the book. :)

Sometimes it's hard to sell the "let's drive 3 hours on the road...to drive another 6 hours in the dirt...then 3 hours back home" 'day trip'. This would help! :)

Nice job...as usual.
Thanks Buddy :cheers:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mike, that looks WAY too cool!! I like it. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Is it easily removable so the gadget thieves won't be able to see it when the RAPTOR is unattended??
Yep, it's real easy to remove. Man this new camera shows EVERYTHING!....I'm going to have to trim up that velcro, it looks kind of scraggily. :lol:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it at Best Buy, it's a 7" screen and cost $170.00

It also has another unit that comes with it as a slave, and (2) sets of head phones.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonder if that second screen could hook up behind the passenger headrest without any issue...looks good though!
Yeh it will, It comes with straps for the head rests so you can hook them up on both head rest. I decided to hook just the one up, because it's normaly just the wife and I in the vehicle. :)

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Does it have the AV plugs on the side, the little red yellow and white plug holes? If so, then yes, you could hook up a video gaming system to it.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does it have the AV plugs on the side, the little red yellow and white plug holes? If so, then yes, you could hook up a video gaming system to it.
Yeh, it does, If I remember it has an S video outlet on the side.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
very cool, it will come in handy on those long road trips:bigthumb:
I think so, so does my wife, anything to keep her happy :lol:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hey Mike! That's a cool set up but the big question is - can you hook up a video game system to it? MT
dude could you imagine playing Wii while some one is driving.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
you also can run a cable from the headphone jack into the aux jack of the FJammer and have some theater sound. It might be hard to hear the small player speakers while driving unless you do this. I do this with a PSP for movies. The sound is great.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:rofl:

you also can run a cable from the headphone jack into the aux jack of the FJammer and have some theater sound. It might be hard to hear the small player speakers while driving unless you do this. I do this with a PSP for movies. The sound is great.
Thats a great idea, I got rid of the stock system, but the SONY I have has a hook up for that, great idea, thanks :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Tell Anita NOT to talk to my wife about it at the Summit or I'll end up buying one too. :indifferent:

I mean it looks COOL, but between the wife and girls they will be playing movies like PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and SEX AND THE CITY while I'm driving. It will cause me to take a hostage and it will be all your fault.:ninja:
:lol:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tell Anita NOT to talk to my wife about it at the Summit or I'll end up buying one too. :indifferent:

I mean it looks COOL, but between the wife and girls they will be playing movies like PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and SEX AND THE CITY while I'm driving. It will cause me to take a hostage and it will be all your fault.:ninja:
:lol:

Now Larry you already know that Tammy and Anita WILL TALK....I can't be held responsible. :rofl:

I guess the beer will be on me. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Especially if you have the outlet in the back, it is definitely do able. Only issue i see is bumps in the road not being great for the disc bouncing around inside the gaming machine (scratches disc).
While not driving, i have found the dash will fit most laptops. Then just hook up the audio out line to the FJammer, and BOOM FJtheatre!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts