Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Dough Thorley long tubes and Y pipe, and have a prominent raspy farting sound when accelerating briskly. I'm embarassed to floor it. What can I do to get rid of this sound? I am still on the stock muffler, and am also hearing a klacking sound from the muffler at certain rpms. I'm pretty sure I have no exhaust leak as I've checked numerous times.

Any advice is appreciated

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Mine sounds somewhat raspy with the y-pipe as well. I think it might have to do with the gaskets. I have to get mine inspected this month. So after i swap out the cats in and then out i will put on the new gaskets i bought from toyota. Hopefully this will help. Did you re-use the same old gaskets or even bother with them from the cats. They are one time use i was told at toyota.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That is awesome, how do I get that sound?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
you are suffering from what happens when you try to rice out a non-german, non amerian, non-v8 engine.

the farting noise mostly reserved for civics.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Layton,

After inspecting the toyota oem ones, they are too small. The I.D. of the Y pipe is 2.25 inches, so I found one that was similar to the stock one at 2.25 and so far it's worked with no leaks.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
M.C. Raspy farting sound was my old rapper name back in the 80's.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blame it on someone else..?
I tried to blame it on the civic next to me, but it's hard when there are no other cars around

That is awesome, how do I get that sound?
It's pretty expensive. you can get the sound from urd

you are suffering from what happens when you try to rice out a non-german, non amerian, non-v8 engine.

the farting noise mostly reserved for civics.
Never heard of a 4.0 v6 civic?:simmadown:
Why do have the stock muffler?
Wanted to see how loud the sound was before getting the cat back.
I'd like to buy a pronoun Alex. :lol:

Have you inspected your donut?
Yeah, checked the donut, no leak.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
With the headers... I would dich the stock muffler/exhaust. Ron

I have the Dough Thorley long tubes and Y pipe, and have a prominent raspy farting sound when accelerating briskly. I'm embarassed to floor it. What can I do to get rid of this sound? I am still on the stock muffler, and am also hearing a klacking sound from the muffler at certain rpms. I'm pretty sure I have no exhaust leak as I've checked numerous times.

Any advice is appreciated

·
Premium Member
12,888 Posts
Yep......sounds like yer muffler bearing is shot.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Light a match!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I just don't know what to say, I was speechless at the title, I'm still:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you still got that Raspy Farting Sound thing, you can try Gas-X. I heard it works good.

...HA I didn't forget any words this time!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha can you say hijacked!

it's okay I should have expected it for writing such a title. but seriously thinking about taking the setup off, and selling it..:boohoo:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You might be able to get rid of it by getting a new catback system. That is your bottleneck and might be the cause of the fartsies. I got the aFe w/o headers or a catback and the sound is awesome, so I can only imagine how cool it would be with what you have. I say get a catback system. Do you have any clips of the sound?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts