Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Great picture but if your FJ's front end (or all four wheels :eek: ) is leaving the ground it's a great way to really do some damage to your vehicle :(

Trucks used for jumping are either set up for it (heavily customized) or they're not :mad:

Stock vehicles don't leave the ground and return to it very well :eek:

It is a great pic though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
uh oh, I was was kinda wondering why the truck was pulling to the right.....

No actually, it seems fine, BUT I am curious as to what kind of damage I should be looking for?

I was driving, so the credit for the killer timing on the shot goes to Gary McKeller of the Deseret News. I'll ask him if I can post a full res image.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mongo said:
uh oh, I was was kinda wondering why the truck was pulling to the right.....

No actually, it seems fine, BUT I am curious as to what kind of damage I should be looking for?

I was driving, so the credit for the killer timing on the shot goes to Gary McKeller of the Deseret News. I'll ask him if I can post a full res image.

When you have damage from jumping your FJ you won't have to look for it, you'll find it. It'll be bent or broken suspension parts, etc. (possibly even frame damage - not to be confused with dain bramage).

·
Registered
96 Posts
PFffft :p he's jumping on sand.. not rocks and hard ground and concrete... get all the air you want! just keep them wheels spinning -- like the old james bond jump off a roof, hit the ground and roll.

viva sand dunes!! I plan on hitting up Glamis once i get mine!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fj6spd,
I'm not sure where I was...... no really, the group I was wheeling with took my GPS away from me, so I could not waypoint it.

I do know that I was half way between green river and moab.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Great pic! Its my new desk top pic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts