Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i been getting an odd noise at low speeds coming to a stop so i went over everything and didn't find anything loose except i found this...

It's hard to see but the bushing is almost completely fallen out. Not sure if this is even "my noise" but idk why it would have blown out like this... i installed the lift only about 2 months ago. far as i know i did NOT over torque it. i contacted RC and haven't heard anything back yet about getting a new one. anyone else have this problem? is the bushing just for vibration and a little give for the dif as apposed to being just "hard" bolted?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had my RC6 lift for almost 3 years now and the bushing still looks good. I would check and see how tight the bolt is. I'm wondering if maybe it could be loose causing the noise you are hearing and pushing the bushing out or maybe the bushing wasn't aligned right when you torqued it down. hope you figure it out!

here is a picture of mine

[/IMG]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, im waiting to here back from RC and ill just replace it and see what happens i guess... im just hoping i can pull the bolt out, replace the bushing, and the bolt goes back in. im not sure if itll bind up when i pull it out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, it was loose but that's cause there's no more bushing...! I "fixed it" temporarily with a new bushing until I here from RC. After looking at it closer, Im really surprised its not more common of a prob. Haven't even driving it to see if that's the noise yet though. Thanks again for your comparison pic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts