Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FJ is a heavy bugger in the front with the ARB/M8000 combination. I'm about to install the RC6" kit when it arrives but I am most certainly wanting to eliminate the strut spacer that comes in the kit.

About the only information I've seen on the RadFlo coil-overs comes from the Radflo in other posts so I thought I'da ask some questions that might help me and anyone else with a similar application.

So my application is: FJ Cruiser 4X4 with RC 6" and heavy load in the front.

Does RadFlo sell a coil-over set for this application with a heavier spring?

Since the struts are referred to as "Coil-Overs" does that mean they are adjustable?

If so, do you think it's possible for someone with the right tools to adjust the coils enough to compensate for the added weight? I.E. not have a sagging front?

Thank you for your time,
-Robert

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Does RadFlo sell a coil-over set for this application with a heavier spring?

Since the struts are referred to as "Coil-Overs" does that mean they are adjustable?

If so, do you think it's possible for someone with the right tools to adjust the coils enough to compensate for the added weight? I.E. not have a sagging front?

Thank you for your time,
-Robert
The radflo is a really long (to make up for spacer) adjustable coilover. It can adjust two inches according to their website. You need a spanner wrench to adjust them. Pretty simple to do, it is a fixed handle thingy, that you put on the coilover while it is installed, rotate the ring to the desired height. Search spanner wrench and you will see what i am talking about.

Coilovers are what you currently have on your FJ. Every FJ has coilovers in the front. You have the coil springs, with the shock inside of it, Coil over spring, coilover. Just because it is a coilover does not mean it is adjustable.
I have seen a TT fj with 6inch lift and ARB/winch and he was running the stock shocks with no sagging.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes you adjust the coil load by cranking them up or down. You can crank them up enough to handle anything you put on your FJ.
They are pretty easy to adjust, its just a slow kncukle busting process, The core of the coil over is threaded and you have to turn the nut on top of the coil spring seat. Remember you will need a alignment after you adjust them.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
cant you just use the ome heavy springs?
Mmm, maybe. Since the front end essentially just uses a really large spacer from what i have seen for the shock, you could use just about any coilover. I would call the company making the kit first though.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Mmm, maybe. Since the front end essentially just uses a really large spacer from what i have seen for the shock, you could use just about any coilover. I would call the company making the kit first though.
If the coil-over or new spring is longer than stock your gonna have some serious geometry issues. You will have to ficure out the difference an cut then re-weld the spacer. This is what was needed on Matt's first FJ when he ran the RC 6" with Fox coilovers.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
If the coil-over or new spring is longer than stock your gonna have some serious geometry issues. You will have to ficure out the difference an cut then re-weld the spacer. This is what was needed on Matt's first FJ when he ran the RC 6" with Fox coilovers.
Oh yeah, forgot about the fact that the new lift springs would add extra lift to the 6" kit, good eye, good eye.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts