Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put the rough country 6 inch on my fj and it seems tht the driver side is atleast a inch and a half to two inches lower then the passanger side idk if its cause im not running a front sway bar but i need help to solve it

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Sway bar doesn't make a difference though i would recommend you keep it on with a 6" lift.

Did you install it yourself or have a shop install it? If a shop, take it back. If you installed it, you probably need to take pictures and post them of the suspension in detail so that we might be able to see whats wrong.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had it put on at the nissan dealer tht my friend works at me and my friend put it on we followed the instructions to the t and went back over them multiple times and he has installed the same lift before so he knows wat hese doing i just cant figure it out y it has a lean to it

·
Registered
238 Posts
I know i got a broken rear left shock and i noticed it leaning. But getting that fixed wednesday! :clap: . Guess you guys have to retrace all the steps over again to msake sure there wasnt any mistake made before letting it hit pavement , i would to be safe. Just what i would do atleast. Hope it all pans out. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try adjusting your coil-overs. The driver side is heavier, as the gas tank is on this side. And do yourself a favor and put different shocks on the rear than what came with the RC 6" kit (RC Performance 2.2 shocks I believe). These shocks make the ride waaaay stiff. Good luck with everything and keep us posted! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Im going to check that out in the morning before i take mine to get the new shock installed Ide like to see the difference in the gap.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The "FJ lean" is exsadurated with the 6 inch lift! Since your not running a sway bar try this...

In a level lot (if wet works best) place in park, with the engine still running, cut the wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right.

Your load on the suspension should shift, making opipiset sides of the truck rise and fall. Giving you a difrent "lean" in each direction! Go back and forth with the wheel till the truck is level, now look at where your wheels are pointing, if not straight then it's the lower alainment points! My lift was off also, adjustable upper arms should fix this! I went with SPC, as they are easiest to adjust.

Or get the Icon adjustable 6-7" coil overs and set as needed ;)

And new rear shocks is a good idea, as they pretty much ride on the shaft bump stops!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, got my rear left shock replaced and had them adjust up to about another inch in the front. All covered under warranty :cheers:. . They had trimmed a bit of the bumper and the wheel well areas and now when i make my sharp left turns im not getting that grinding sound. Im glad the tires were grinding on soft plastic vs. metal. The truck is stiffer than ever now and feels so solid after getting this stuff done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts