Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am interested in lifting my FJ and really want to do 6" kit. i was looking at the RC kit and noticed that there are no front coils, it is just the big spacer and drop down braket. does this mean that i can put in a nice coil over as well and get an extra few inches if i wanted? or do i just use the stock coils? what about shocks? do i replace those?

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks dude! thats a badass setup, exactly what i want to do!

·
Registered
178 Posts
before you go gettin all "king" on me check out the radflo coilovers that are being valved specifically for this application. they like the kings are race proven and have a significantly better pricepoint.

·
Registered
883 Posts
before you go gettin all "king" on me check out the radflo coilovers that are being valved specifically for this application. they like the kings are race proven and have a significantly better pricepoint.
x2 on that.

I have the RC 6" kit with the Radflo coilovers and am impressed with the Radflo's...especially with the price of them!

so i am interested in lifting my FJ and really want to do 6" kit. i was looking at the RC kit and noticed that there are no front coils, it is just the big spacer and drop down braket. does this mean that i can put in a nice coil over as well and get an extra few inches if i wanted? or do i just use the stock coils? what about shocks? do i replace those?
If you are interested in a price on this complete setup (RC 6" with Radflo coilovers) gimme a call and I'll hook you up with the best deal I possibly can!

Thanks

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what kind of problems will a 6" kit lead to? Im being told to stay away from it. my brother is telling me that my driveshaft might need to be replaced (i guess his driveshaft on his silverado is going out and he only has a 2" lift in rear). sorry about my naivity, i come from an audi TT that i know a lot more about than this car
anyone have any advice? i pretty much want to make this car as sick as possible. i dont plan on driving it everyday. any help would be appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts