Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some used 2010+ skid plates for my 07. They basically fit the same, but I have to make some cutouts in the front plate so that it fits properly. I have no issues with making cuts and modifications, but this is a case of measure three times and cut once.

RCI has been helpful with pictures, but understandably don't want to share the exact dimensions and cutting pattern to protect their proprietary design, and I completely understand. No slagging of RCI here.

I am hoping that there is a member who has the 07-09 RCI plates and can make a few measurements for me... if you have the skid and can help, shoot me a PM.

I need to know:

if the mounting holes on the front are in the same place, or if I need to make some holes.
how far from the un-cut side (left in the photos) is the cutout for the rad.
What the square hole is, how big and how far it is from the uncut side
Is the hole at the bottom in the same place?
Are the bottom holes in the same place. I am really hoping on this one since there is some protection on the 10+ for the bolt heads
T4R0309FJ07-14Front1.JPG
IMG_0875 2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

·
Vendor
2,133 Posts
I just happen to
Have one sitting in front of me

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,133 Posts
I guess my question is though . why dont you hold yours up and see what those cut out are for ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! It was the measurements I was really looking for, so thanks, and I really appreciate the detail.

The question about the trans line bracket was laziness and the fact we got another dump of snow and drops in temps yesterday/last night and I was too unmotivated to lie down in it and look... I know I need to cut it out.

·
Vendor
2,133 Posts
The square hole and the notch on the right side are both for the trans line bracket . with that said . the 2010 plate would bolt up if you relocated the trans line bracket .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts