Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the times come to purchase skids - especially since Black Friday deals are around the corner.

I’m debating between Budbuilt & RCI currently. I know with Budbuilt the Expedition One bumper filler plate that covers the space between the bottom of the bumper and the cross member the front skid connects to won’t fit correctly and Budbuilt makes their own filler plate for Expedition One bumpers. I cannot find a definitive answer on if the filler plate from Expedition One works with RCI skids without having to grind the front lip of the RCI skid down.

I’ve spoken with a rep from RCI and was told they have customers running Exp1 bumpers, with the filler plate & their skids - but didn’t seem to know much past that.

Is there anyone with an Exp 1 bumper/filler plate & RCI skids that can comment on if it all works together as is - or if you had to modify the RCI skid and if so to what extent?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hannibal, since Ricochet & Budbuilt both manufacture a specific replacement filler skid I’m thinking that I’ll either need to alter one or both skids or just purchase a new filler plate unless someone that has an Exp1 bumper/filler plate and RCI front skid can comment that they work together as is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts