Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some RCI sliders on Tuesday and drove them to a Line-X shop in Berthoud. I got them back today and replaced my old sliders and I'm super impressed by the quality. As the Line-X guy was bringing them out to my truck he said, "Holy crap these are beefy". Very pleased with the sliders and the Line-X seems awesome. Maybe you guys should try to work out a deal with the Line-X shop in Berthoud and offer Line-X versions of your products.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
they do have a powdercoater for their stuff. Looks like powdercoat runs $150 more from RCI.

How much did the Line-X run you to have them coated? What was your reason to go with Line-X over powdercoat? ....hope that doesnt sound like criticism....just curiousity about what went into your decision making?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they do have a powdercoater for their stuff. Looks like powdercoat runs $150 more from RCI.

How much did the Line-X run you to have them coated? What was your reason to go with Line-X over powdercoat? ....hope that doesnt sound like criticism....just curiousity about what went into your decision making?
I've had terrible experiences with powder coating as well as properly done rattle can bedliner. My front bumper is powder coated and looks like it has smallpox or something. It has developed hundreds of little light spots that are now starting to erupt into rust spots (It's less than 2 years old). The spots are not caused by rocks, they are caused by intense sun/weather on a poor powder coating job. My previous sliders were carefully prepared with Rustoleum Bedliner. I live on dirt roads and to keep up with the slider paint chips would require me to get out a rattle can every time I got home.

I haven't had the Line-X on long enough to know how well it will hold up over time but, the fact that it survived a trip to and from my house with absolutely zero damage is a huge improvement. And I got the premium stuff which is supposed to be more UV resistant so, at the very least, I'm hopeful. The Line-X was about $400 for the premium stuff. It would have been $250 for the normal stuff.

But, back to the quality of the RCI sliders: They are seriously beefy, seriously well made sliders.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've had terrible experiences with powder coating as well as properly done rattle can bedliner. My front bumper is powder coated and looks like it has smallpox or something. It has developed hundreds of little light spots that are now starting to erupt into rust spots (It's less than 2 years old). The spots are not caused by rocks, they are caused by intense sun/weather on a poor powder coating job. My previous sliders were carefully prepared with Rustoleum Bedliner. I live on dirt roads and to keep up with the slider paint chips would require me to get out a rattle can every time I got home.

I haven't had the Line-X on long enough to know how well it will hold up over time but, the fact that it survived a trip to and from my house with absolutely zero damage is a huge improvement. And I got the premium stuff which is supposed to be more UV resistant so, at the very least, I'm hopeful. The Line-X was about $400 for the premium stuff. It would have been $250 for the normal stuff.

But, back to the quality of the RCI sliders: They are seriously beefy, seriously well made sliders.
Yep agree. Josh and his crew at RCI make quality stuff. I have all his alum skids plus rear diff skid on FJ Daughter has 3rd gen 4Runner with RCI alum skids where Josh prototyped them on her 4Runner. I cant say enough good things about RCI.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep agree. Josh and his crew at RCI make quality stuff. I have all his alum skids plus rear diff skid on FJ Daughter has 3rd gen 4Runner with RCI alum skids where Josh prototyped them on her 4Runner. I cant say enough good things about RCI.
Yeah, RCI stuff is super high quality and they are great to deal with. The fact that it's a small local shop that you can drive to makes it even better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I picked up some RCI sliders on Tuesday and drove them to a Line-X shop in Berthoud.
Can you post more photos of your RCI Sliders from different angles? If you did it again, would you go with the top tread plate or without?

I live at 8500’ in Colorado and Im on the fence about the tread plate. I have concerns about snow/ice buildup and overall aesthetics. They look like they may be a bit bulky with the tread plate and smaller tires, I dont have 35s (yet!). Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts