Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently lifted the front of my FJ and as most you have encountered, the leaky CV boots! after reading an earlier thread, i ordered some pipe clamps from West Marine. my question is, can i and if so, how do i re grease the joints? ya know, add grease the boot.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt get any new boots, just clamps. what does a needle attachment look like? could i just pull the boot off and lob some grease in there? ya think that there would be a nipple there or something.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
It looks like, well a needle - take a look at some of these on this web page: Adapters, Extensions and Injector Needles - Alemite

It lets you squirt grease into small places where there is no zerk. Poke the needle underneath the boot before you clamp it down, and squirt some grease inside (in between the roller balls) in the CV joint.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Squirt some in the CV with a needle attachment to your grease gun before you clamp on the new boots and clamps.
between the boot and the axle assembly... not thru the boot itself... ;)

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Um yeah, I thought that was obvious without saying; thanks Bandi.
Yeaa, I know... But I just wanted to make sure for the non-mechanically inclind that may stumble upon this information now or at a later time.... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts