·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Re: Houston: FJ Gathering June 7th 2008

I am trying to figure out how five-by-five gets anything done since he is constantly watching the weather.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

By watching the weather I know when I can and can't do things that I need to do therefore optimizing my time doing what I can do when it is best to be doing it... you follow?
Sounds like another one of your mamby pamby excuses to cover up your neurosis over weather phenomena.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

MIGZ said:
Nope Venezuela , Texas in my new adopted home but HOME is Venezuela.
Bring back some information on them international bumpers you mentioned.

·
Registered
71 Posts

where abouts in Veno? i spent some time there last summer south of mariciabo close to the border..

·
Registered
251 Posts

Bumpers? Someone is asking you to check on bumpers when there's all those beautiful women down there? Well, I guess they could be assisting in researching bumpers ...

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

:bump:

Well with the May 2008 event officially in the history books:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/picture-media-post/60583-houston-tx-fj-gathering-general-sams.html

Time to start working on the next one. Plenty of time to make arrangements.

Since the next one is slated to be June 7th.. it will NOT interfere with:
Father's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/texas/60350-trail-team-trail-run-weekend-its.html

For the next Houston FJ gathering, why dont we try something a bit different?
Something a bit more family, and web wheeler orientated?
Perhaps a nice get together at a park, beach spot, or similar area -- grill some brauts and burgers; throw some horseshoes -- all that goodness.

If we do beach.. we could do Crystal beach so we can drive right onto the beach.. or Galveston beach on the far east end -- staying away from the crowds.

For parks -- most any would do.. perhaps something a tad bit less busy than Memorial park gets (hard to "reserve" a spot).

Chime in with your thoughts and ideas.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

I'm always down for Crystal Beach! I promise I'll go easy with the Vodka/Red Bulls this time.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

It looks like I'll be at Crystal Beach with some friends (I recently found out I committed to this day at the beach with them during a drunken moment). So the more the merrier, it'd be cool to turn this in to an all out event!

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Great darn question! Time is limited.

We definitely wanted to make it family, and web wheeler friendly.

Matagorda beach (where the beach cleanup happened)
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/picture-media-post/58349-tlcc-h-matagorda-adopt-beach-cleanup-2008-a.html
Might be an option.. but the web wheelers might get their trucks sandy.

Crystal beach you ~can~ also drive on the beach.. but not much "wheeling", it is more like a hard sand road.

I like the idea of the general grilling, horseshoe, kite flying, dodgeball, and chillaxing frame of activity.

Ideas? Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

five-by-five said:
I will be at the beach on the 31st for a sand castle competition... I think I will head the other direction on the 7th (north toward Huntsville) to take my kiddos wheeling, they had a blast last time.

now with more link goodness:
A I A Houston Sandcastle Competition

thanks for the heads up. I'll be there too!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts