Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it seems I have finally found a FJ manual transmission, with the "Convenience" package, I would like to make sure, before I go to the dealer:

- all MT have read diff lock right?
- it is a 2008 model, is it still possible to do the ATRAC hack?

Thank you
Alessio

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I went on the Toyota web site (Toyota.com) and the information now states that the rear locking differential is optional on the MT. This is different than in the past.

Make sure you purchase your FJ with a rear locking differential. For ATRAC to function the ECU requires the vehicle to be equipped with rear locking differential.

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
Wierd, here in Canada (toyoata.ca)it still shows that the locking rear diff is a standard feature on the base model with 6MT but optional on the Auto trans.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
No ATRAC hack required for late '08 and on (and some very limited number of '07s that came off the end of the '07 production run).

If you have lockers you have ATRAC and they will both work together in later models.

And just to echo what the rest are saying, MT does not guarantee rear locker, make sure it is part of the package.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And just to echo what the rest are saying, MT does not guarantee rear locker, make sure it is part of the package.
The description of a vehicle I am interested in contains:

Full-time 4x4 System, Torsen Center
Differential with Locking Feature

Does this mean it has a rear diff lock? There is no other occurrence of the word "diff" in the description.

Thank you
Alessio

·
Registered
46 Posts
Um... doesn't look like it. That description just means you're able to lock the center diff on the 6 MT. You need to find some description that says "rear differential lock" or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts