Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved back to AZ finally from Silicon Valley, ready to buy an FJ Cruiser and get back deep into the land I love after being away 25 years. Looking forward to AZ/Utah back country, Canyonlands, and roof top camping. Know I will probably customize the rig and ask your advice on options to order with the purchase and whether the Trail Teams Special Edition is a good choice. Consider me stupid on current 4-wheeling as I last did it as a young man in the 70's in an automatic 4WD Jeep Gladiator, skidding down the Flint Trail full loaded with 90 gallons of gas and a full rig camper with my Dad. I'd appreciate your sage advice.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
welcome.

If you want a monocolor FJ then the TT is the only way to get that. There is nothing on the TT that is far and above a non TT except for the color. Most get rid of the OEM shocks etc and go aftermarket anyway.

Else, get the option that gives you the rear locker and ATRAC. The other options are your personal preference.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I did not get a TT simply because I knew I'd have to mod it anyway. I'd advise you get an FJ with the offroad package. That will give you the rear locker and ATRAC. My personal preference is to buy new, simply because of the high resale value and I don't trust previous owners with 4x4s, but that's just me...

Best of luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I bought a new 2010 TT because I loved the solid sand color with the black accents and some of the other interior/exterior Trail Team items. As the guys mentioned above the truly important 4x4 off road items is the rear locker and ATRAC and I did remove the OEM suspension system as well for a better overland vehicle. That is the greatest thing about the FJ....you can build your portable man cave anyway you like :bigthumb: Good luck with your search/build and welcome to the club :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
There aren't that many options, just note the upgrade package is not compatible with the off-road package for some odd reason.
Also, you do get the ATRAC and locking diff with the upgrade package.
And lastly, the CRAWL control is only available on the off-road package (part of Convenience package, although the CP is not the same as the CQ (see their site
Step 2 of the build, look closely at the differences between the packages).

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I would buy the TT and would pay extra for that awesome cement color if I was in the market for a new FJ. It is the best color yet, and probably that there will ever be! Plus it will come loaded up with the packages you would want/need in regard to locker, ATrac, etc. :cheers:

I assume that primer gray will shed the AZ heat a little better than some darker colors too :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
16,350 Posts
Welcome aboard! The TT SE is a great choice! Good luck with your purchase. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Won't the cement roof be much hotter than the white?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Welcome!! Unless you really like one of the TT's color I wouldn't do it if your planning on modding it alot cause youll pay extra pretty much just for the color matched roof!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
A second what everyone else said. The TT is cool for the color and that's about it. If that what you want, get the TT. But if you like another color, say Calvary Blue, then it would be easier to get that. All you need from the factor is the locking diff.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
welcome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts