Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone, I screwed up big time…I was working in the fuse box under the hood and I did not have the battery disconnected (in my defense, I was looking for a lead that is “hot” on when the engine was on…)

I somehow managed to create an arc between the slot marked “Offroad LP” and the side of the truck. Best I can figure it, this slot is for a solenoid for roof lights and there is no fuse between this point and the battery. Without a full electrical schematic, I do not know what wires I may have fried or welded together.

Everything still seems to work except for the headlights…Now I only have what appears to be my DRL’s at night. There is no subtle difference in the brightness of my lights when I toggle the headlights off and on at night. All marker lights still work and everything else functions normally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been kicking myself since I heard the 'SNAP' of a closed circuit with no resistance and need some help!

Thx again!

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Well sparky you've got some chasing to do. The relay locations are here: http://www.fjccentral.com/tech/F_Relay_Locations.pdf, starts on page 3. Almost all of the lighting circuits run in parallel of that same circuit. Time to get out the multimeter.

Here is the wiring diagram http://www.fjccentral.com/tech/Overall_Wiring.pdf, if you search on "Offroad LP" you will find all the locations where it is called out.

That and the link Homedad gave you should be all the info you need to chase down the wires.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
KD7NAC_07FJ is spot on. You are going to have to go through the whole thing and even if it works "now", you may have some fused/melted/screwed up wires that will need to be replaced before you drive out into a swamp 50 miles from civilization and play with your FJ.

Just take it one circuit at a time and be methodical but make sure it's all back to 100% before you take it off road.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i like fj sparky thats a cool name i vote for that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts