Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

How much do your wheels and tires weigh?

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,453 Posts
My current setup of stock alloy wheels (26) and 305/17 Goodyear MT/R's (64) is 90 lbs.

Doesn't count yet but the setup I have ready to go on is 17" Method 701 (30) and 37" STT Pro (75) for 105 lbs.

Still made cruiser weight. Ha! All stock gearing and rear end.

My FJ weighs 5380 lbs last I checked. Then I added a little bit more.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
109 lbs total

It’s a real b!tch
Didn't you make the jump to 35s recently (or last year)? I'm wondering how you like driving on those that are that heavy or it's not noticeable once you're rolling? How's the acceleration from 0-60? I'm contemplating a 110lb set up in the future but it may make sense to wait for reinforcements and power adders.

iconic_ said:
Doesn't count yet but the setup I have ready to go on is 17" Method 701 (30) and 37" STT Pro (75) for 105 lbs.
Same question. How was the 105 lbs working on your 07? Considering jumping up to 110 but it'll be a while before I do the rear end and re-gear

yep,, i agree
What

·
Premium Member
7,453 Posts
Same question. How was the 105 lbs working on your 07? Considering jumping up to 110 but it'll be a while before I do the rear end and re-gear
It wasn't as bad as "the internet made 37's seem" on stock gears. In flat Kansas I could run them easily. Was just a little more sluggish than my 34's. If you're at 95 lbs however I think you've done well and should try to keep the weight down since that is something you've worked towards.

I haven't gotten to the shedding weight part of my build yet. :lol:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If you're at 95 lbs however I think you've done well and should try to keep the weight down since that is something you've worked towards.

I haven't gotten to the shedding weight part of my build yet. :lol:
On those long grades to UT and 80mph highways will be a good test. Staying at @ 70lb tires, I'm limited. There's not many close in range for the 37x12.5 category.

I'm kinda toying with the idea of bigger. Now that I sorta know what to expect. Nothing logical about it but it's entertaining

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,661 Posts
Didn't you make the jump to 35s recently (or last year)? I'm wondering how you like driving on those that are that heavy or it's not noticeable once you're rolling? How's the acceleration from 0-60? I'm contemplating a 110lb set up in the future but it may make sense to wait for reinforcements and power adders.

What
I don’t notice the weight so much because of my numerous mods offsetting such weight gains, my 0-60 times are very quick compared to even a stock FJ which mine will easily outpace. Stopping is naturally more sluggish but that’s expected.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
My 42's on Allied Beadlocks are at 225Lbs a pop... my FJC need to go on another diet.

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts