Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing bilstein 5100s tomorrow on my 2007 FJ- the hardware included with the rears consist of 2 washers, 2 cushions and one nylon lock nut. The drawing from the Toyota factory parts book shows a washer on both sides of lower cushion and one washer on top of top cushion. So the assembly (OEM) at top of rear shock is- washer/cushion/washer/frame/cushion/washer/lock nut
Those of you that have installed these, did you include that 3rd washer on top of the lower cushion? Does it matter?
Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Installing bilstein 5100s tomorrow on my 2007 FJ- the hardware included with the rears consist of 2 washers, 2 cushions and one nylon lock nut. The drawing from the Toyota factory parts book shows a washer on both sides of lower cushion and one washer on top of top cushion. So the assembly (OEM) at top of rear shock is- washer/cushion/washer/frame/cushion/washer/lock nut
Those of you that have installed these, did you include that 3rd washer on top of the lower cushion? Does it matter?
Thanks!
Mark, I just looked at my rear shocks and only have nylock nut/washer/cushion/frame/cushion/washer. No washer between frame and cushions. I running foxies though.

-J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts