Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I installed air lift bags for towing a trailer and had to cut 2 of the three segments of the cone for the bags to fit. Now I'm upgrading to a 3" lift and would like to replace the stops.

Anyone know the part # I have scoured the net to no avail.
Or possibly anyone want to sell me a set. Wish I hadnt thrown away the cut off pieces. I usually hang on to stuff like that.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Try these, but double check before buying.
These are the two rubber grommets that are for the rear shocks to mount to the frame.

Cushion, Shock Absorber
Upper R/L 90948-01087 $3.52
Lower R/L 90948-01088 $4.17

Retainer,Cusion
Type 1 (2/side) R/L 48597-60070 $2.80
Type 2 R/L 48597-60080 $2.50

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are talking the Rubber Cone that is in the coil
Insulator Spring Part #48302-35040 at $66.42 (you will need 2)

That's it thanks.
Larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why don't the airbags don't work with the lift?
I'm sure they would work. The lift springs are 2" longer than stock and the bags will not fill up the space. They work like a spring rubber and increase spring rate.

My concern is that they may move around and become suseptable to tearing.

I'm goimg to try them and keep a close eye for troubles.

worked great for towing and would like to keep them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wouldn't the bags expand into the space with enough pressure?
what happens if you just give the airbags lots of pressure when theres no load on the fj. does it lift up?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't the bags expand into the space with enough pressure?
what happens if you just give the airbags lots of pressure when theres no load on the fj. does it lift up?
You can lift the FJ around 2" with the max pressure 35 lbs. But without the weight of the trailer or heavy load in the back the ride is verrrry stiff.

Even at the 5psi minimum I believe there is a somewhat stiffer
ride.

I have installed the front coilvers and tires and wheels(285/70-17 bfg mud km2 and american eagle 137 series rims) and like the look without adding 2" in the rear . Think I'll adjust the front for level and try that fo a while. That would keep the front suspension more centered in it's travel range at rest and for the type of off roading I see myself doing may be just the ticket.

Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts