Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not recognize it. Could be home made or modified. That swing out mount looks a little sketchy.
The bumper is rather wobbly. The hinge mount has a gusset on the back side so that's strong enough but the lower half of the bumper is flimsy and seems to be missing something in the center.

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,373 Posts
Yeah I don't recognize that specific bumper. May have been a custom job. Here is a comparison thread so you can see what other rear bumpers look like and maybe determine if it is a modified version of one of these or made from scratch. .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't recognize that specific bumper. May have been a custom job. Here is a comparison thread so you can see what other rear bumpers look like and maybe determine if it is a modified version of one of these or made from scratch. .

Thank you for mentioning it may be modified! I went back through that thread and did not see anything substantially similar. The locking pin on the right ride, and thr gussets on the hinge are unique and none of those look similar. I'm fairly certain this truck was built around 12+ years ago based on some of the other parts that are installed. Perhaps it's an old design no longer in production.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts