Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The camera itself still has adequate protection from rain and snow, and looks even better than some of the cheesy crap I've seen on line. IMHO, of course.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just wish that one of the plastic hub covers that snap onto my current wheels was long enough to modify as a cover. But alas, it's too short. It would be great is there was some sort of aftermarket cover that just covered the support but left an opening for the camera. I hate the full over because I have to remove it just to check the tire pressure and I'm not fond of leaving it exposed as you've done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
changing out the two bolts to black definitely helps it out a lot. also looks like you put a fresh piece of vinyl or tape covering on the top side? the factory thin clear vinyl on mine got all scratched up and looked nasty (didn't really protect it very well). didn't notice it until i got home from first getting new tires mounted early on. shop guy wasn't too careful when he mounted the spare back on the mount. most likely slid it on, totally scratching it all up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts