·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dear Toyota.....

I can't believe that there is no way to exit the rear of the FJ. As much as I hate the Government ruling our lives, I would think it would be Federal Law to be able to open the rear door from inside the vehicle.

A fire up front, or nosed down into a lake, stream or pond, any sort of serious accident, whatever the case may be. It would be nice to have the option.

He!!, when camping and you need to get out in the middle of the night to take a leak.

I know there are things ! can do to modify it, I want Toyota to do it for me. I think it should be a total recall.
I think you make a VERY valid point and suggestion, however, here at the FJ forum you will find extreme sarcasm in finding a solution or positive discussion from your query. ...... You can feed them, just don't get too close to the cage, they tend to bite.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
I think you make a VERY valid point and suggestion, however, here at the FJ forum you will find very little brainpower in finding a solution or positive discussion from your query. If you want to discuss lifts and crawling over rocks... this is your site!.. the members here are more akin to rocks and simple minded subjects like that vs any safety, egress or practicality. Sorry, just my initial observations from reading posts here. They tend to have a primitive gang mentality so I am gearing up for the onslaught. Otherwise each individual is pretty simple minded, they tend to act together...just watch and learn. You can feed them, just don't get too close to the cage, they tend to bite.:cheers:
Who or WHAT are you?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I think the OP is entitled to ask the question and he/she is entitled to express their opinion about the obvious safety benefits the solution he proposes would provide.

The question has merit, and my personal experience is that you don't figure it out until you find yourself looking for a way out and wonder "what the hell?".

·
Registered
899 Posts
Opening the door from the inside is now easy as can be.
Good job - many have had to modify their FJs to make it work the way the wanted to, I have the 3 punch keyfob fix on mine to open the rear window...agree this would have been a simply fix for Toyota, but at least we get to say we did something to better the FJC for our own personal use!:cheers:

·
Registered
899 Posts
once a jerk always a jerk.. it is a valid thread!..
hitchman, don't take this comment too seriously, Indy is simply joking here.

OP write what you want to write about and don't worry about the few who turn on the flame throwers...:flame: I liked the thread and your solution -- this is not the first time the lack of a back door release from the inside has been discussed here in the forums!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think you make a VERY valid point and suggestion, however, here at the FJ forum you will find extreme sarcasm in finding a solution or positive discussion from your query. ...... You can feed them, just don't get too close to the cage, they tend to bite.:cheers:
Ha, Funny stuff!! Thanks for the reply.

I think the OP is entitled to ask the question and he/she is entitled to express their opinion about the obvious safety benefits the solution he proposes would provide.

The question has merit, and my personal experience is that you don't figure it out until you find yourself looking for a way out and wonder "what the hell?".
My nest door neighbor rolled his new Dodge pick up into the Colorado River two years ago. He never made it out of the cab. When things get out of hand, it is hard to do all the right things.

Good job - many have had to modify their FJs to make it work the way the wanted to, I have the 3 punch keyfob fix on mine to open the rear window...agree this would have been a simply fix for Toyota, but at least we get to say we did something to better the FJC for our own personal use!:cheers:
I like your take on this.

hitchman, don't take this comment too seriously, Indy is simply joking here.

OP write what you want to write about and don't worry about the few who turn on the flame throwers...:flame: I liked the thread and your solution -- this is not the first time the lack of a back door release from the inside has been discussed here in the forums!:cheers:
Thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I agree with the OP. When I get my next FJ I'll look into doing the mod that can open and close the rear glass as well as being able to open the rear door from the inside. I love doing mods like this where the manufacturer, let's face it, cut costs where they could to make more profit.

Not that I check what other manufacturers do, but I don't know how common it is to be able to open the rear door or gate from the inside unless it's a power lift gate.

If it's to become standard in the industry, the government would have to step in I suppose.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Toyota.....

I can't believe that there is no way to exit the rear of the FJ. As much as I hate the Government ruling our lives, I would think it would be Federal Law to be able to open the rear door from inside the vehicle.

A fire up front, or nosed down into a lake, stream or pond, any sort of serious accident, whatever the case may be. It would be nice to have the option.

He!!, when camping and you need to get out in the middle of the night to take a leak.

I know there are things ! can do to modify it, I want Toyota to do it for me. I think it should be a total recall.
I agree. Also comes in hand when sleeping inside while camping. Especially when you need to take a whizz. To solve this I used a Gun cleaning push rod (the threads break so easily) and drilled a hole on my rear window ledge. The rod goes down inside where I connected it to the release mechanism. Now all I have to do is push down on the rod and the door opens. Did this while adding a toggle to open the window from inside. Comes in handy. May post pics once I figure out how everything works here.
I'm new as of 5 minutes ago.
Love my FJ!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts