Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i engage the fj into 4wheel low the & activate the rear diff. all it does is blink red and it wont turn green. i kept it on for two minutes however it still wont engage, what should i do?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also tried 2 drive it front and back and turn the the wheels however no luck, what should i do?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Did you try 4 lo and moving forward a bit?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Is your FJ new or used? If new I would not think the sensor would be bad. Try driving in 4 Lo for a few yards before trying to engage the diff lock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the truck is brand new. i had it for only a couple of days. i tried to drive it in 4l but no luck it just blink red and it wont lock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It worked I drove around the block in 4l with diff on n color turned solid. I was driving around 2mph so no tearing occured. Is it normal Tht it engages once the car is moving?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
You FJ is very new and haven't been broken in yet so there might be some idiosyncrasies. I think once its a little more used it'll be easier to engage.

4WD should only engaged in dirt or loose terrain. You can damage your FJ driving in 4WD (auto) on the street. Typo much stress due to the available traction. This is just one time so you're most likely OK. Glade it worked for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx, ya I agree 100% I about 4l on road just I didn't want 2 drive to a trail n get annoyed if it didn't work thx guys for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts