Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,918 Posts
There are tons of threads. The springtail is good but there are plenty of cheaper options if you don't need top shelf. I built my own with access to a cnc laser, CAD, and some aluminum spacers. Its very handy to store bags on.

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Toyota Fj Cruiser
26 Posts
thanks mate, I'll give it a crack this weekend ;) Wondering if there's a way I could mount it and preserve the use of the cargo net
If it helps, I used screw to install rivet nuts, 1/4-20 thread to mount the flat stock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey foreverfj, what are the dimensions of the Orangeboxx rear door rack you have, excluding the top tabs? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the Springtail. Though there are cheaper options. I attached a soft gun case, it had molle on the top, so just strapped it right to the rack. Put in some grommets so it holds open at a 90. I also installed a rigid molle panel from Greyman Tactical under the back side window. Definitely like not having stuff on the floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I combined the Orangeboxx door rack with the Springtail bags. I also got the Orangeboxx side box which is really handy. I’ve since added the standard half net below the rack for gloves, bags, etc. Really glad to get all my sh*t off the floor!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This isn’t as nice as some of the others but I’m on a budget so I got creative... it carries extra stuff for search and rescue that I do for work with a little lore room to add to it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the Springtail. Though there are cheaper options. I attached a soft gun case, it had molle on the top, so just strapped it right to the rack. Put in some grommets so it holds open at a 90. I also installed a rigid molle panel from Greyman Tactical under the back side window. Definitely like not having stuff on the floor. View attachment 1123615 View attachment 1123616 View attachment 1123614 View attachment 1123618 View attachment 1123617
how did you mount the molly rack on the inside?

·
Registered
5 Posts
how did you mount the molly rack on the inside?
I wanted to use the existing hooks so that I could still use the cargo cover. I found some thick scrap rubber and made a spacer to bring it off the wall. Then I used a piece of strap aluminum to span the width between the factory threaded mounts. I can try and get a pic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts