Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I just installed the 2 factory Toyota FJ "cargo nets" and I want to give you a heads up on the installation. The factory kit comes with a paper template and installation instructions. They recommend that you tape the template to the rear door interior ..... well first of all normal painters or masking tape will NOT hold on the plastic .... I did not want to use plumber's tape, it's a mess to get off ... so I used AC foil duct tape, which held pretty well. However, it's difficult to get a flat to enable you to precisely mark the securing pin locations ...but do the best you can. I recommend that you mark the 3 pin locations at each end, just drill them out, then secure each end with the pins and THEN drill out the middle securing pin locations ....using the cargo net pin locations for your guide where to pre-drill for the middle securing pins.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to decide if I do the cargo nets or do a DYI rack system...with straps etc.
Hey Gene....one of the considerations will be what plans you have for the interior rear of your FJ .... storage compartment/s .... bed platform .... fridge .... hiking gear, etc. There are some awesome interior rear door rack systems for ... hiking ...camping .... tool accessories .... etc. These will have an affect what's placed in the interior rear. In my case I'm using the factory cargo nets for light camping and cooking accessories. Good luck with your search.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,419 Posts
Useful tips. Mine came preinstalled by the dealer. A tip I found is they sag a lot if you put anything much in them so run a length of shock cord elastic along the edge and secure with cable ties (just a knot at each end works fine) and then the nets hold nice and tight

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Useful tips. Mine came preinstalled by the dealer. A tip I found is they sag a lot if you put anything much in them so run a length of shock cord elastic along the edge and secure with cable ties (just a knot at each end works fine) and then the nets hold nice and tight
Great suggestion....I'll do that...thanX

·
Registered
977 Posts
Pics (when convenient)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts