Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has anyone seen/heard or could possibly imagine replacing the compression cylinders on the rear door windows with ones like the cylinder that opens the rear door?

Of course not the same size, but do smaller ones exist so that you could simply open the rear window and push in to lock the cylinder in place? This would keep it looking OEM, no holes to drill and open the window for significant air movement?

Do small locking compression cylinders exist?

Anyone's comments or thoughts??

J

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have checked into this on a limited basis. I found that the cylinders on the Jeep Liberty are within 3/8" of the same length and they open the window once the lock is released. I have not tried them on the FJ yett as I have been busy with other projects. Let us know if you try them out.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
So the Jeep Liberty has the same style of lock cylinders? Are they installed on the rear windows of the Jeep?
They are not lock cylinders to my knowledge. They are on the rear window and it opens like ours does only once the lock is released the cylinders open the window. This way you can wire a switch to the dash and open the window without getting out. I dont know if the lock is required. I ride with mine open all the time and the cylinders keep it up.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I heard some people drove with it up all the way up, no problems with it slamming down from turbulence at higher speeds or any such wind movements/bumps?
I've never had it close yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts