Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have NOTHING to do with this company. I just thought people would want to see them. I have not seen them in person nor know anything about them.

Plenty of people have been looking for these, here they are.

Home

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Nice find...I'd like to see close up pics and install directions.

Too bad the little window isn't the same size or near the same size as the original.
For viewing that doesn't matter, since the hole is small, but visually it would look better.

Also, the hinges are on the outside, this looks like it will be very easy for someone to break into.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Who's going to be the guinea pig and try this first? My dog would really appreciate having that window opened.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Im Game!!!!.. One you can remove them while on the trail, so you dont BREAK them on the trail.... 2) it gives it a tactical look.. Just what I like!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
$399 + shipping! Nice, but at the very bottom of my mod list.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Im Game!!!!.. One you can remove them while on the trail, so you dont BREAK them on the trail.... 2) it gives it a tactical look.. Just what I like!:rocker:
They are lexan... stronger than glass

·
Registered
596 Posts
wow that's tempting....security worries me a little. But, those are pretty sweet. Vented for street driving and removed for trail.

I'd like to see some bigger pictures as well.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I like them, wonder when there open if that would prevent some of the air turbulence when the fronts are down? If I ever get the rest of my dream list completed I might consider these. Maybe then the price will come down.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
kinda like it but i would like to see the factory window open up. nice find by the way

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Nice idea, poor execution.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Unfortunately Toyota didn't leave much for the vendor to work with. Putting a venting window in the suicide doors could only be accomplished with a smaller glass area.

I wish Toyota would have made an optional venting window for the rear quarter panels like the later model Landcruisers have. It wouldn't even have to be power, but like the manual sliding windows of the model 80. Also, it would be more retro to my old 1978 FJ40with its venting window pane.

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
Nice find!

Why are you all worried about breaking in? Probably easier to smash out the factory window than to break that, if they really want to break in they'd just smash the big window in the door.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Nice find!

Why are you all worried about breaking in? Probably easier to smash out the factory window than to break that, if they really want to break in they'd just smash the big window in the door.
x2.
Plus with it being lexan, wouldn't it be much harder to break?

What in the world are they gonna do IF they were to break that small window? Climb through there and open the door? You know how high up and small that window is?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
What is the cost to replace the stock window? I broke mine at the summit, maybe I will go this route if the cost is similar.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Looks interesting. I don't mind the look, but for $400 I'm not willing to be the guinea pig. Anybody else gonna take the plunge?

I feel like with the hinge design you could even fab up alternatives to go on the hinges such as a wire cage or something to get the airflow without sacrificing security, just a thought...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What is the cost to replace the stock window? I broke mine at the summit, maybe I will go this route if the cost is similar.
I was just thinking of you ... Wonder if the $400 is for the pair or for a single one?

1 - 20 of 282 Posts