Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 282 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Nice find!

Why are you all worried about breaking in? Probably easier to smash out the factory window than to break that, if they really want to break in they'd just smash the big window in the door.
90% of vehicles broken into are skillfully unlocked, not even a finger print... You wont even know it was broken into untill you notice stuff missing or your ride is completely MISSING!!!!... They caught a guy a few years ago in WV that was breaking in to cars, taking bags,cds, little stuff, ANd would actually lock the car back so you wont have a clue it was broken into.. You just knew your S!!T was missing!

·
Registered
278 Posts
90% of vehicles broken into are skillfully unlocked, not even a finger print... You wont even know it was broken into untill you notice stuff missing or your ride is completely MISSING!!!!... They caught a guy a few years ago in WV that was breaking in to cars, taking bags,cds, little stuff, ANd would actually lock the car back so you wont have a clue it was broken into.. You just knew your S!!T was missing!
Years ago, there was a guy in Atlanta who would stake out car stereo installers, follow a customer home, remove and steal the new unit, and reinstall the old one (typically left in the back seat or on the floor by the installer). Imagine the customer going to lunch the next day, hopping into the car for the second time that day and saying, "Hey, wait a minute..." Imagine the police, taking the report, thinking "This idiot is making this all up."

oldMattB

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Ha I liked this..

DON'T trap your friends, family or pet in the back of your FJ any longer without first installing a premium pair of Dark Horse FJ Freedom side windows! Yea I did say before YOU install a pair of our great windows! We ship them to you ready to be installed in less than 10 minutes with NO TOOLS! No we don't ship you the tools, you just don't need any to do the install!
But then if you read the FAQ you don't need any tools AFTER you get the existing window out. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Ha I liked this..

But then if you read the FAQ you don't need any tools AFTER you get the existing window out. :rofl:
Ya i saw that part.

No tools required for install!!!

"How do i get the original window out?"
Take the vehicle to an auto glass shop.

....bwahahahaa

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I like 'em, but might want to see 'em in person 1st.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I can't say that there is anything either attractive or functional appearing about the current appearance of this concept. Maybe they can enlarge the opening and figure out a better way to mimic the original appearance of the door.

It remains a good idea...I bet that there is a better way to execute it though.

Doc

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
Ya i saw that part.

No tools required for install!!!

"How do i get the original window out?"
Take the vehicle to an auto glass shop.

....bwahahahaa
Here you call the auto glass shop and they will come by and pop the windows out for $30.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Hey don't get me wrong I love the idea I just thought the instructions were funny. I actually like the look of them, tactical as the other guy said.

I just wonder how the plastic is going to hold up to yellowing and scratches over time..

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hmmmm, great idea i just wish it looked a little more oem.
I have been thinking about building rear tube doors with snap-on panels and windows, but thinking about is all that will probably ever happen. I think if some company would make rear tube doors(Metal-tech are you reading this) they would sell like hot cakes. It would open up the Fj so much more and make the rear passenger experience so much better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm sure my two labs would love it, but I don't think they have the funds for it right now.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,517 Posts
Lexan may be stronger than glass but it is easily scratched.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I think there is probably a good reason why the pictures are so small. They don't look that great up close. :)

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
My 02. I think that you have to give credit to the one that has a finalized rear window that is functional.

21 - 40 of 282 Posts