Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 282 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I sent an emailed to Dark Horse Enterprise asking if they would be willing to answer a few questions for us. Who knows, they might. :shrug03:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I literally loled when I first went to the page cos at first glance I thought it just looked like someone punched out the window!

I'm torn, GREAT idea, not sure I like the execution yet.

I still can't believe Toyota didn't give those windows the ability to open. Especially by now since I am sure that must have been a complaint from day one.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Nah, they really look like someone went to a salvage yard and scarfed some pop-out windows from a 1970's Ford Custom Van. I'm sure the vendor used readily available windows rather than re-inventing the wheel, and while I'm a fan of function over form, those just look tacky.

Sooner or later someone will come out with a version that looks like it belongs.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
512 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
i like the window's my old k5 blazer had window's like that and i loved them :rocker:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
for that much money, it doesnt look like the product is worth it and it sticks out like a sore thumb imo, but for people who want function over form, i suppose i could see its benefit.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
X2.

And, they're "installed" with peel-off double-sided tape?? :ack: Yeah, that's the kind of quality I want to spend my $425 on . . . . :rolleyes:
I was ready to buy them until I read this (and before their site disappeared).

Oh well, the wait continues.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Ah well. I still have hope that (maybe) someone else will come up with a good invention to solve this problem while my truck is still on the road...

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
X2.

And, they're "installed" with peel-off double-sided tape?? :ack: Yeah, that's the kind of quality I want to spend my $425 on . . . . :rolleyes:
I was ready to buy them until I read this (and before their site disappeared).

Oh well, the wait continues.
I didn't bother reading the website either, so I didn't see this.

No thanks, I'll pass.......

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
This looks like a real good place to spend your money at.....NOT! Peel off double sided tape, are you mental? Let me just borrow your lighter so I can set my money ablaze.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Looks like they changed some stuff.
About Us

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Looks like they changed some stuff.
About Us
Weird. Still can't enlarge the pics but it looks more factory now. Doesn't make the company look any more or less reputable than before but I think the design is interesting.

I can't find any info on the install, is it still sticky tape?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
They are full size images.. just resized in html.

This image puts it into perspective for me.

At least they have done something... That's a lot better than the nothing everyone else has produced. I always said if someone made it, I would buy it. Guess I am going to hold myself to it. Screw it! Unless someone else has a better solution or some bad experience with these, i'm getting them.

41 - 60 of 282 Posts