Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Was thinking about fitting a rear drawer on my FJ to get things organized when going away, anyone has any suggestions?
i was looking at this one from Titan, it’s pretty cheap, just not sure how hard would be to fit in..
thanks
Rectangle Output device Wood Metal Audio equipment

·
Registered
373 Posts
I installed the ARB drawer in the back of my FJ and am happy with it. Couple considerations:
  • The ARB drawer is wider than it is deep. The Titan drawer you posted looks like it would be 1/2 the width of the rear cargo area (and a fridge slide would be installed beside it).
  • The easy install calls for drilling holes in the body of the FJ. I chose to use the factory D ring mounting points for a plywood floor and mounted the drawer to the plywood. Makes for a much more time consuming install, but worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Look on adventure king website, they have some install videos. I wish we could get them in the US at that price point!

Reactions: Dut

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the ARB drawer in the back of my FJ and am happy with it. Couple considerations:
  • The ARB drawer is wider than it is deep. The Titan drawer you posted looks like it would be 1/2 the width of the rear cargo area (and a fridge slide would be installed beside it).
  • The easy install calls for drilling holes in the body of the FJ. I chose to use the factory D ring mounting points for a plywood floor and mounted the drawer to the plywood. Makes for a much more time consuming install, but worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply legend!
That ARB looks awesome!
Here in Australia they are pretty popular, i was just trying to get something a bit cheaper as I don’t have much opportunity to go travel.. something to get **** organized at day to day use and when traveling as well..
that Titan one I posted it’s the single drawer, but they do have the double one which would take the hole trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Reactions: Dut

·
Mean Time Moderator
6,198 Posts
Welcome. The cheapest option is home made and there are folks here who have even made their plans public for you to work from. Know anyone who can cut some ply for you? That’s all you need and then screw and glue it together
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Automotive exterior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts